Bullnose Forums

Will these wheels fit?

I’ve been looking for some old slots to put on my 84 Bronco XLT. My understanding is that a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern would work and ANY old truck wheels (prior to 96) will fit if they have this bolt pattern. Coming from a Porsche background, that completely blows my mind. I would expect that there would be a variety of offset/backspacing measures for wheels at a given size, but what I don’t know about Fords could fill many books, so I’m just not sure.

I found a set of OEM slots that are 15x10 and 5 on 5.5. Here is a picture:

E932C2A4-37D1-41F7-B496-655582CF9EAE.jpeg.771399d45b89035616c636a088ab3ba7.jpeg

Here is what I know:

Require 3/4" length lug nut w/washer for a 1/2"x20 stud size.

Fit early Ford, Dodge and International pickups

Reverse mount (what does that mean?)

In the pic you can see that the center hole is pretty big so I don’t think I need to get that measured. If I do need to get it measured, what bore size is correct for my fitment? Should I be concerned about confirming backspacing and if so is it supposed to be 3.5” for 10” wide wheels?

Thanks

Chad

Those should fit. Ford's wheels are not hubcentric, so the center hole diameter isn't important. Check tire clearance to make sure that offset isn't a problem. Also, on 1985 and earlier trucks, check for caliper clearance - some wheels don't clear the calipers if they're 8" or wider.

Those should fit. Ford's wheels are not hubcentric, so the center hole diameter isn't important. Check tire clearance to make sure that offset isn't a problem. Also, on 1985 and earlier trucks, check for caliper clearance - some wheels don't clear the calipers if they're 8" or wider.

Thanks Myrl883. I'm having flashbacks to trying to fit phone dial wheels over Porsche S4 brakes. That's a real-life nightmare.

I'd like to avoid clearance issues but I have to have the wheels shipped, so I would need to request the measurements. What would I need to have the seller measure? Is it an issue with the width of the inside of the wheel or is it a problem with the offset that occurs? If it's offset, can that be resolved with a small spacer?

Those are NOT OEM wheels. There are no provisions for the center caps. Many aftermarket versions of this wheel style are out there.

66gtk - You are right. They are not Ford OEM. What I meant is that they are original Ansen wheels from back in the day, not new copies. Thanks for keeping me honest so no one is misled.

Those are NOT OEM wheels. There are no provisions for the center caps. Many aftermarket versions of this wheel style are out there.

66gtk - What do you mean that there are no provisions for center caps? Treat me like I'm stupid; I'm sure you know way more than me.

66gtk - What do you mean that there are no provisions for center caps? Treat me like I'm stupid; I'm sure you know way more than me.

The original center caps might have looked like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ansen-SPRINT-American-Racing-Wheels-Custom-Wheel-Center-Cap-Part-1281100099/192899021160?hash=item2ce9ad7968:g:y48AAOSwaSZZ-L~2

An original Ford center cap would look something like this, depending on the year and whether or not 4WD:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-4-OEM-1980-1996-Ford-Bronco-F-150-Chrome-Center-Wheel-Caps-7-1-8/274085390349?hash=item3fd0c3280d:g:8hEAAOSwoCdduiPp:sc:USPSPriority!40475!US!-1

Thanks 1986F150Six. These are my current wheels:

114D8D86-F859-4555-BE41-5A7470505F32.jpeg.85d02e0a5055a40d795992187713f00b.jpeg

It has the old school center caps similar to your second picture, but without the 3 screw holes.

Will these caps work with the old Ansen slots?