Bullnose Forums

Fuel Selector Issue

fords4life

Ok, I put up what the 1985 shop manual says on this page: Fuel Systems/Diagnostics. However, it shows just what the 1985 EVTM shows - that the 1985 EFI'd 5.0L had a 6-port fuel tank selector valve. But Bill says he's never seen one and thinks all the EFI'd 5.0's came without it. Besides, yours in an '86 and the '86 EVTM doesn't show one.

So you need to ascertain if your truck has one. I don't think it does, so that procedure really won't help you. And I don't have a 1986 shop manual. Sorry.

Thanks! But your are right, there is no 6-port selector valve. I have the low pressure in tank pumps, reservoir/"selector valve", and high pressure pump on the frame rail. Absolutely nothing happens when I move the switch on the dash to the rear tank, it just keeps pumping and reading the sending unit from the front tank.

Thanks! But your are right, there is no 6-port selector valve. I have the low pressure in tank pumps, reservoir/"selector valve", and high pressure pump on the frame rail. Absolutely nothing happens when I move the switch on the dash to the rear tank, it just keeps pumping and reading the sending unit from the front tank.

Let's make sure we are on the same page. You said you have a reservoir/"selector valve". Do you mean the dash switch? Or, the valve shown below, right in the middle of the page, called the "Tank Selector Valve".

You shouldn't have anything on the frame rail but the high pressure pump. Right?

1985_ETM_Page104.thumb.jpg.2276f2b6b02011c3222a20bc965ed557.jpg

Let's make sure we are on the same page. You said you have a reservoir/"selector valve". Do you mean the dash switch? Or, the valve shown below, right in the middle of the page, called the "Tank Selector Valve".

You shouldn't have anything on the frame rail but the high pressure pump. Right?

Below is what I have on the frame rail. The 9K044 Reservoir and Selector Valve with no electrical connections and the high pressure pump just after that.

9624794.jpg.7381956317c7aad4859f5df1974398dc.jpg