Bullnose Forums

Glove Box Light

Hi Gary, would it be too much to ask for a picture of the inside of that connector? (the one with the green and black wires) provided of course that it wont break when you try and remove it! i know how fragile most of the plastics are in these truck after all these years. I'm going to see if it is used elsewhere in the truck, i may be able to swap a connector elsewhere and retain the connector on the light without the need to butcher it

Hi Gary, would it be too much to ask for a picture of the inside of that connector? (the one with the green and black wires) provided of course that it wont break when you try and remove it! i know how fragile most of the plastics are in these truck after all these years. I'm going to see if it is used elsewhere in the truck, i may be able to swap a connector elsewhere and retain the connector on the light without the need to butcher it

Matt - I'll see what I can do tomorrow for pics. I might even get that reluctant thing out of there and figure out why it doesn't work, despite having a new bulb.

Matt - I'll see what I can do tomorrow for pics. I might even get that reluctant thing out of there and figure out why it doesn't work, despite having a new bulb.

thanks! let me know how it goes

Well, that screw just does NOT want to come out. But I was easily able to disconnect the wire and take some pics. Does this help? Any other pics needed?

Thanks for taking the time to take those photos for me, from your pictures I think I have found my solution.... i believe that is the same connector as the clutch position jumper for the speed control (C755) which i have pictured below, could you measure your connector so i can confirm, if they are the same then i can use my C755 jumper as i had to remove it to allow me to have the separate turn signals at the back that are required here in the UK, i may revisit the lighting situation at some point to try and retain this jumper because without it my speed control doesn't work. But i don't think our roads are big enough for me to feel safe using the speed control in this big truck so its not a top priority lol

20200418_235523.jpg.ca018899e179a3f411bba9aee3732345.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to take those photos for me, from your pictures I think I have found my solution.... i believe that is the same connector as the clutch position jumper for the speed control (C755) which i have pictured below, could you measure your connector so i can confirm, if they are the same then i can use my C755 jumper as i had to remove it to allow me to have the separate turn signals at the back that are required here in the UK, i may revisit the lighting situation at some point to try and retain this jumper because without it my speed control doesn't work. But i don't think our roads are big enough for me to feel safe using the speed control in this big truck so its not a top priority lol

Matt - Let's see if this answers the question. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Glove_Box_Switch_with_Clutch_Jumper.thumb.jpg.3ad00877783a03897822be6ba55272ed.jpg

And, just in case, I did take a couple of other pics. You see, Big Blue has a clutch so his connector isn't a jumper.

C755_Plugged_Together.thumb.jpg.cf2dbd8ff61d79bfc54ef356eadd4aad.jpgC755_Unplugged.thumb.jpg.574d51dc6b3be6349eb58c66c77e6c1d.jpg

Matt - Let's see if this answers the question. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And, just in case, I did take a couple of other pics. You see, Big Blue has a clutch so his connector isn't a jumper.

thanks, that does indeed answer my question :nabble_smiley_happy: do you know if anywhere reproduces that connector / jumper? if not ill go with my original plan of using the one i have and then re making the connector at a later stage

thanks, that does indeed answer my question :nabble_smiley_happy: do you know if anywhere reproduces that connector / jumper? if not ill go with my original plan of using the one i have and then re making the connector at a later stage

Matt - I've had Ford's Wiring Pigtail Kits Identification Guide digitally for some time but just decided to put it on the side. Maybe you can find the connector in it. Hope so as I don't have another source. Please let me know what you find.

Documentation/Electrical/Connectors

Matt - I've had Ford's Wiring Pigtail Kits Identification Guide digitally for some time but just decided to put it on the side. Maybe you can find the connector in it. Hope so as I don't have another source. Please let me know what you find.

Documentation/Electrical/Connectors

Hi Gary, ive had a good look through and there is only one connector that is similar (it has the nub on the top rather than the side, however i have found in my pile of old harness a matching connector from the emissions system! so all is well! i will order one of those glove box lights as soon as the flights resume...

Hi Gary, ive had a good look through and there is only one connector that is similar (it has the nub on the top rather than the side, however i have found in my pile of old harness a matching connector from the emissions system! so all is well! i will order one of those glove box lights as soon as the flights resume...

Good deal, Matt!