Bullnose Forums

Window Sticker Contest

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. Before, with the old URL it made sense.

Here's my solution... which I think is my best looking batch yet:

Sticker_80-81_V1.svg

Sticker_82-86_V1.svg

I'm loving it! But I have no sense of "style", so I'll hide and watch.

Do we need another vote? Might some be thinking about the profile or another one? How to we get to one design and know the majority has agreed?

By golly, I think you’ve nailed it!

1x 82-86, thanks.

Just one more nitpick, can you round the corners on the inside edges of the grille, like the corners on the outer edges. It mimics the trucks and makes the image look smoother.

58DC7905-F66D-44E6-B759-06FDA1BFC61F.thumb.jpeg.ab4e7147976ddaa9d0c22e377ea0aa37.jpeg

Just one more nitpick, can you round the corners on the inside edges of the grille, like the corners on the outer edges. It mimics the trucks and makes the image look smoother.

As I'm coming to discover, not easily (at least in Inkscape). There is an option to round stroke corners on the outside, but not the inside. Probably for technical reasons relating to how vector images are constructed.

I'll look into it more... so far every "how to do it" issue I've ran into I've found a workaround. The question is how big of a PITA would such be. It's a fine enough detail, if it's not easily fixed, I'm personally OK with letting go. Not to say there isn't a fix... just not one that's a handful of mouse clicks.

As I'm coming to discover, not easily (at least in Inkscape). There is an option to round stroke corners on the outside, but not the inside. Probably for technical reasons relating to how vector images are constructed.

I'll look into it more... so far every "how to do it" issue I've ran into I've found a workaround. The question is how big of a PITA would such be. It's a fine enough detail, if it's not easily fixed, I'm personally OK with letting go. Not to say there isn't a fix... just not one that's a handful of mouse clicks.

I definitely like the URL as the name.

• 4 weeks later...

I definitely like the URL as the name.

So, the grilles don't speak to me at all. They don't make me think Bullnose. It's just a part I know goes on one. It's that corner profile of the top of the hood and the grill and the bumper and the headlight openings that scream bullnose. How to capture just that though, this isn't just a truck forum, everyone wouldn't want just a bronco either. What I always pictured for the bullnose bible was something like I'm going to post at the end of this, please forgive it. It's just a proof of concept that took way to long to mock up using a sticker I stole off the internet. But the idea is simply a book laying on it's side so you can read the spine and it also looks like the front cab portion of a bullnose. Only enough body parts that it could apply to any bullnose. Now, mine is super rough, maybe someone with some talent could try their hand at it? Now it looks a little silly with the back floating with no wheel. Maybe just have the fender profile with no wheels in the front and have that flow back into the binding? Would love to see someone draw this so it looks like a book with bullnose profile.

Bullnose_logo_mockup_2.jpg.8dd072bc2c2164d72c7e9ab462106859.jpg

So, the grilles don't speak to me at all. They don't make me think Bullnose. It's just a part I know goes on one. It's that corner profile of the top of the hood and the grill and the bumper and the headlight openings that scream bullnose. How to capture just that though, this isn't just a truck forum, everyone wouldn't want just a bronco either. What I always pictured for the bullnose bible was something like I'm going to post at the end of this, please forgive it. It's just a proof of concept that took way to long to mock up using a sticker I stole off the internet. But the idea is simply a book laying on it's side so you can read the spine and it also looks like the front cab portion of a bullnose. Only enough body parts that it could apply to any bullnose. Now, mine is super rough, maybe someone with some talent could try their hand at it? Now it looks a little silly with the back floating with no wheel. Maybe just have the fender profile with no wheels in the front and have that flow back into the binding? Would love to see someone draw this so it looks like a book with bullnose profile.

Ron - Are you saying you could make the window sticker?

Clifton - It took a while for it to click with me, and I reread your post a couple of times. I think what threw me off was that the book's perspective seems off. It gets thicker to the rear. Let's see what other have to say.

All - We need to have a new poll with the various options and make a decision. But there have been several iterations of the front view, so please let me know which ones are candidates and should be in the poll.

Ron - Are you saying you could make the window sticker?

Clifton - It took a while for it to click with me, and I reread your post a couple of times. I think what threw me off was that the book's perspective seems off. It gets thicker to the rear. Let's see what other have to say.

All - We need to have a new poll with the various options and make a decision. But there have been several iterations of the front view, so please let me know which ones are candidates and should be in the poll.

Sure, and I can even make the marker lenses orange....@-color like "my" Ford Trucks sticker....