Bullnose Forums

Window Sticker Contest

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hey guys, ChrisFix here!"

That kid makes good videos.

Yep... and when he started selling those stickers, you know I *had* to have one. Goes well with the RangerStation "Built not Bought" (another case of once I saw it, I *had* to have it).

I also had an EricTheCarGuy one, but it didn't turn out as good. I'm subbed to both of them, but one's stickers turned out a lot better than the other.

Personally I'm a sucker for window stickers... just look at the back of my Ranger:

I really like the die-cut vinyl kind, but really anything that looks good and I support is fair game. My Bullnose only has 1 sticker so far:

If you're interested in a vector image for such a die-cut sticker, I can throw something together. I'm by no means a graphics pro, but I do know more than the average bear (rat?)...

Here we go:

Sticker_V1.thumb.png.db492a52251e4f27aeefde7674449c31.png

Original Vector Source file:

Sticker_V1.svg

It's a first attempt... I haven't messed with inkscape much, but I'm getting the hang of it. Not quite as CAD-like as I was expecting (I was about ready to cheat and use an old copy of autocad2000 I have floating around, or double cheat and use my CAD there).

Here we go:

Sticker_V1.svg

It's a first attempt... I haven't messed with inkscape much, but I'm getting the hang of it. Not quite as CAD-like as I was expecting (I was about ready to cheat and use an old copy of autocad2000 I have floating around, or double cheat and use my CAD there).

That's an interesting approach - just the nose of a Bullnose. I think I like it.

But, it is only "correct" for 1982-86. The 1980 & 81's have the LGG (Last Great Grille), as coined by a friend on FTE. (WilleyJoe.62 to be exact.) :nabble_smiley_evil:

I believe my poll was premature. Let's let the creative juices continue to flow, and then do another poll with all the entries in it.

That's an interesting approach - just the nose of a Bullnose. I think I like it.

But, it is only "correct" for 1982-86. The 1980 & 81's have the LGG (Last Great Grille), as coined by a friend on FTE. (WilleyJoe.62 to be exact.) :nabble_smiley_evil:

I believe my poll was premature. Let's let the creative juices continue to flow, and then do another poll with all the entries in it.

Sticker_V1_80-81.thumb.png.88a3c3f31e5649d87f90eaf5c4816ddb.png

Sticker_V1.svg

Not sure I care for it... the part that made it "great" is on the hood, and in this format it doesn't come out as nice. But I've always cared more for the 82-86 grill. I'm weird, I know :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Sticker_V1.svg

Not sure I care for it... the part that made it "great" is on the hood, and in this format it doesn't come out as nice. But I've always cared more for the 82-86 grill. I'm weird, I know :nabble_smiley_teeth:

Thanks, 'Dude. At least we can see what it looks like.

And, btw, I have one of each so am ambivalent.

Thanks, 'Dude. At least we can see what it looks like.

And, btw, I have one of each so am ambivalent.

No problem... yay "working" from home.

Fixed a glitch with the two vector files. Apparently the default text formatting in Inkscape isn't compatible with the rest of the world (if you viewed it in your browser, you'd get no text). Easy fix and re-upload.

No problem... yay "working" from home.

Fixed a glitch with the two vector files. Apparently the default text formatting in Inkscape isn't compatible with the rest of the world (if you viewed it in your browser, you'd get no text). Easy fix and re-upload.

Also, let's have a discussion about the URL on the sticker. I "own" both garysgaragemahal.com as well as bullnosebible.com. As Vic said, the latter is redirected to the former. And, he also said that the bullnosebible.com URL is/has "Shorter domain, simpler association, slightly easier to remember."

So, we could put either on the sticker and the user would get to the same place. And, if I swap them, meaning that the website uses bullnosebible and garysgaragemahal gets redirected to that it would be less confusing.

On top of that, I fear that having my name in the URL of what is becoming a global resource is a bit ..... ostentatious. I'm not looking for fame or recognition. Instead, I want this place to be "the place" for help when it comes to Bullnose trucks.

So, what do y'all think? Should we change the URL to bullnosebible.com? I think I can do that seamlessly. Or, do you like garysgaragemahal.com?

Here we go:

Sticker_V1.svg

I really like this one. Clean and simple. On the first line of text, what about just the url (whichever url Gary wants)?

Also, let's have a discussion about the URL on the sticker. I "own" both garysgaragemahal.com as well as bullnosebible.com. As Vic said, the latter is redirected to the former. And, he also said that the bullnosebible.com URL is/has "Shorter domain, simpler association, slightly easier to remember."

So, we could put either on the sticker and the user would get to the same place. And, if I swap them, meaning that the website uses bullnosebible and garysgaragemahal gets redirected to that it would be less confusing.

On top of that, I fear that having my name in the URL of what is becoming a global resource is a bit ..... ostentatious. I'm not looking for fame or recognition. Instead, I want this place to be "the place" for help when it comes to Bullnose trucks.

So, what do y'all think? Should we change the URL to bullnosebible.com? I think I can do that seamlessly. Or, do you like garysgaragemahal.com?

Phew Gary, that's hard to decide one over the other.

Trying to look at it as someone new to the site, I suspect bullnosebible makes more sense. Thinking about it deeper though that fits perfectly with the documentation portion of the site but maybe not quite as much with the forum. That may be overthinking it though.