Bullnose Forums

Window Sticker Contest

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Angelo - Sorry, I didn't realize that third one can be a window sticker. But, like Mark/Dyn Blin, I like it best.

Mark - Did try the QR code? Works fine for me, but Dave didn't get a popup asking if he wanted to go to the site.

I have to say my phone is a 100 years old .......... ok 50 years old ........... ok it's old :nabble_smiley_blush:

But like my old truck it works and does what I needed it to do for me.

I know years ago I down loaded the QR reader app to play with it but being I did not use it after that I removed it from my phone.

There may be others like me that would like to see what the site is about or in need of help and why I said the www. name should be on the sticker, and it is thank you.

Dave ----

I'm not against having the url on the sticker. But if there was a slick way of also incorporating the QR code so they don't have to take a pic of the URL and then type it in it would be nice.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like this?

I was actually thinking of just the lines that make up the common features (not sure how to convert a photo to that easily) but I do like the black and white.

Plus, there are quite a few graphics that are just the outline out there so disregard and keep up the good work.

I was actually thinking of just the lines that make up the common features (not sure how to convert a photo to that easily) but I do like the black and white.

Plus, there are quite a few graphics that are just the outline out there so disregard and keep up the good work.

Musings:

1. Add the URL beneath the top line title

Gary’s Garagemahal

garysgaragemahal.com

(the “www.” is not necessary)

[bullnose picture]

“The Bullnose Bible”

Blurb...

2. The Bullnose Bible bullnosebible.com

(Shorter domain, simpler association, slightly easier to remember.)

[Keep the rest is the same as above in 1.]

Domain Redirection:

Using the bullnosebible.com domain keeps the name association, and redirects to garysgaragemahal.com, but of course this could be confusing, but may be an option for future proofing ie if/when “garysgaragemahal” is transferred over to “bullnosebible”?

Font:

To clean up the look of the different text blocks, what about using varying weights of the same font family, eg Helvetica?

Musings:

1. Add the URL beneath the top line title

Gary’s Garagemahal

garysgaragemahal.com

(the “www.” is not necessary)

[bullnose picture]

“The Bullnose Bible”

Blurb...

2. The Bullnose Bible bullnosebible.com

(Shorter domain, simpler association, slightly easier to remember.)

[Keep the rest is the same as above in 1.]

Domain Redirection:

Using the bullnosebible.com domain keeps the name association, and redirects to garysgaragemahal.com, but of course this could be confusing, but may be an option for future proofing ie if/when “garysgaragemahal” is transferred over to “bullnosebible”?

Font:

To clean up the look of the different text blocks, what about using varying weights of the same font family, eg Helvetica?

I would do away with the QR. Although they are useful, in this application, it is out of place, and messes with the aesthetic of the layout and detracts from the picture (beauty?) of the bullnose truck, whether it is the front view or profile.

I too prefer the profile shot, maybe because the proportions work better with the text above and below the image. It looks more traditional, and balanced.

The front view picture distorts the truck’s features, and throws off the balance of top text-photo-bottom text, despite all center aligned. It looks like an I-beam and lacks the appropriate symmetry.

I would do away with the QR. Although they are useful, in this application, it is out of place, and messes with the aesthetic of the layout and detracts from the picture (beauty?) of the bullnose truck, whether it is the front view or profile.

I too prefer the profile shot, maybe because the proportions work better with the text above and below the image. It looks more traditional, and balanced.

The front view picture distorts the truck’s features, and throws off the balance of top text-photo-bottom text, despite all center aligned. It looks like an I-beam and lacks the appropriate symmetry.

Good points, Vic. Not sure anyone really knows about bullnosebible.com, but it does redirect to here and using that would prevent the sticker from being wrong if we ever moved. (Actually, as I think about it, I could change the URL that the forum is on to that and redirect garysgaragemahal.com to it and we'd be there. I think.)

As for the QR block, I think you are right as well. It really seems out of place.

Good points, Vic. Not sure anyone really knows about bullnosebible.com, but it does redirect to here and using that would prevent the sticker from being wrong if we ever moved. (Actually, as I think about it, I could change the URL that the forum is on to that and redirect garysgaragemahal.com to it and we'd be there. I think.)

As for the QR block, I think you are right as well. It really seems out of place.

Sounds good, give me a little time and I'll see what I can come up with.

I like the third variety, with the side view of the green truck. Can we make that a voting option?

And how much will these cost us? I am definitely interested.

I'm sorry, but I can't modify or edit the poll. It just won't let me. But vote for the "other" and you've explained what that is.

As for price, we've not gotten that far. I've never had stickers made, but surely they can't be all that expensive.

Does anyone know?

Personally I'm a sucker for window stickers... just look at the back of my Ranger:

DSCF1120.jpg.951a9ab552eb1d379f4c8449917b8fc0.jpg

I really like the die-cut vinyl kind, but really anything that looks good and I support is fair game. My Bullnose only has 1 sticker so far:

DSCF1117.jpg.21fed2ce3dfbf869fcb2afdd76f8393c.jpg

If you're interested in a vector image for such a die-cut sticker, I can throw something together. I'm by no means a graphics pro, but I do know more than the average bear (rat?)...

Personally I'm a sucker for window stickers... just look at the back of my Ranger:

I really like the die-cut vinyl kind, but really anything that looks good and I support is fair game. My Bullnose only has 1 sticker so far:

If you're interested in a vector image for such a die-cut sticker, I can throw something together. I'm by no means a graphics pro, but I do know more than the average bear (rat?)...

"Hey guys, ChrisFix here!"

That kid makes good videos.