Bullnose Forums

Window Sticker Contest

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

“...please don't miss the poll...”

Noted, and voted.

To be “the” destination, you need one name for both documentation and forum.

Otherwise, you would be “the destinations.” That kind of grammar is only acceptable in remedial English courses.

LOL! Yes, you are absolutely right. "The destination", singular, is the goal. (I was actually a fairly good student of English, and am a big fan of the Oxford comma. But my use of English isn't the best.)

So far the poll says:

• Bullnosebible: 6

• Garysgaragemahal: 1

• Other: 1

That could all change, but that's the trend at the moment.

You have several good points. First, on the spelling of the URL both garysgaragemahal and bullnoseenthusiats are hard to spell. Trust me, I've spelled the former many, many times and people struggle with it. And I've now typed the latter several times and the double "e" doesn't seem right - but is. So bullnosebible is much easier.

Very true! I still think it's a good URL to own for any future use but typing it out is rough.

Starts to look like 'bull no seen thusiats' :)

Casting my vote now.

I really like this one. Clean and simple. On the first line of text, what about just the url (whichever url Gary wants)?

Just to make sure I understand, you mean the one below, right?

As for "whichever url Gary wants", this is our site, so let's make the name of it what we want. So I need to see what that is.

Also, what about making it "The World's Primary Resource for 1980-1986 Ford Trucks"? The problem is that saying "Pickups" excludes Broncos which we do welcome. On the other hand, saying "Trucks" includes the little Rangers and Bronco-II's, which we don't include.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Better Ideas? (This IS a Ford site. :nabble_smiley_wink:)

When I first read the tagline that this is the site for “Ford Pickups” that’s what I thought too. Broncos of this era share the same DNA, so should be included in the sticker.

+1 for “Trucks” over “Pickups“

When I first read the tagline that this is the site for “Ford Pickups” that’s what I thought too. Broncos of this era share the same DNA, so should be included in the sticker.

+1 for “Trucks” over “Pickups“

Agreed with the URL and Tagline changes. I've seen some have already made versions like that of mine, but I personally prefer my original font choice, so here's new versions of my original submissions:

1980-1981:

Sticker_V1.thumb.png.767c37a9fbe7e3ad972bd7ab20cb7e4f.png

Sticker_V1.svg

For Technical reasons, the 1982-1986 Files are in another post (filenames too similar, when uploaded the filenames condense to the same thing :nabble_smiley_argh:)

Agreed with the URL and Tagline changes. I've seen some have already made versions like that of mine, but I personally prefer my original font choice, so here's new versions of my original submissions:

1980-1981:

Sticker_V1.thumb.png.d01e1d17ec018fd5891ccb73038de071.png

Sticker_V1.svg

For Technical reasons, the 1982-1986 Files are in another post (filenames too similar, when uploaded the filenames condense to the same thing :nabble_smiley_argh:)

1982-1986 (my favorite, personally):

Sticker_V1.thumb.png.d01e1d17ec018fd5891ccb73038de071.png

Sticker_V1.svg

1982-1986 (my favorite, personally):

Sticker_V1.svg

The 82-86 grille looks better, as the oval outline adds greater symbolism to the image.

However the text needs rearranging.

The Bullnose Bible

[Grille image]

The world’s primary... (sentence case?)

www.bullnosebible.com

The font is good, needs to have heft, just like these trucks.

The 82-86 grille looks better, as the oval outline adds greater symbolism to the image.

However the text needs rearranging.

The Bullnose Bible

[Grille image]

The world’s primary... (sentence case?)

www.bullnosebible.com

The font is good, needs to have heft, just like these trucks.

Nitpick with the re-arrangement : This wastes rectangular decal/sticker area (Read: more $), unless I make the Font so massive it's bigger than the graphic (which would make it huge, also more $). Also, I think it throws the balance off... the current layout is nice and rectangular, which is not only space efficient, to me, also looks good.

The tagline is capitalized since it's a title (or in this case, a subtitle). Urls aren't case sensiticve, so I capitalized it in a way to make it more clear what the url is.

Nitpick with the re-arrangement : This wastes rectangular decal/sticker area (Read: more $), unless I make the Font so massive it's bigger than the graphic (which would make it huge, also more $). Also, I think it throws the balance off... the current layout is nice and rectangular, which is not only space efficient, to me, also looks good.

The tagline is capitalized since it's a title (or in this case, a subtitle). Urls aren't case sensiticve, so I capitalized it in a way to make it more clear what the url is.

The repetition looks off.

Having “The Bullnose Bible: BullnoseBible.com” all on one line doesn’t look right.

What about omitting the title and just use the domain name?

BullnoseBible.com

[82-86 grille]

The Primary...

Full justify the domain name.

Maybe reduce the weight of the grille, ie make the lines a little thinner?

The repetition looks off.

Having “The Bullnose Bible: BullnoseBible.com” all on one line doesn’t look right.

What about omitting the title and just use the domain name?

BullnoseBible.com

[82-86 grille]

The Primary...

Full justify the domain name.

Maybe reduce the weight of the grille, ie make the lines a little thinner?

Good point. Before, with the old URL it made sense.

Here's my solution... which I think is my best looking batch yet:

Sticker_80-81_V1.thumb.png.272f7622269d824bae13bf0d92135749.png

Sticker_80-81_V1.svg

Sticker_82-86_V1.thumb.png.1f88839d46bd0d3bd878230fd44feb4e.png

Sticker_82-86_V1.svg

Good point. Before, with the old URL it made sense.

Here's my solution... which I think is my best looking batch yet:

Sticker_80-81_V1.svg

Sticker_82-86_V1.svg

Was thinking the same with the URL and name. This one looks great! Would gladly put one on my back glass