Bullnose Forums

Sky's Front Superduty RSK on a 2wd

Gary,

I'd definitely have to make new links or buy some longer ones for sure. I think I'm going to just pull it off for now and see how it is.

Yup, know the feeling well. I think I'll wind up making longer links, but it wasn't intuitively obvious to the casual observer exactly where the upper brackets ought to go until the weight was on the suspension, and by then I'd lost interest in getting them on. So that's a step after I get the truck on the road.

Gary,

I'd definitely have to make new links or buy some longer ones for sure. I think I'm going to just pull it off for now and see how it is.

Yup, know the feeling well. I think I'll wind up making longer links, but it wasn't intuitively obvious to the casual observer exactly where the upper brackets ought to go until the weight was on the suspension, and by then I'd lost interest in getting them on. So that's a step after I get the truck on the road.

Gary,

I am trying to mount my upper shock brackets, could you measure from eye to eye on the front shocks of big blue with the weight on it and without? Maybe a picture or two?

It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Gary,

I am trying to mount my upper shock brackets, could you measure from eye to eye on the front shocks of big blue with the weight on it and without? Maybe a picture or two?

It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Certainly. You are just looking for travel, right?

I'm using the 10" Bilsteins. What are you using?

And, what shock mounts do you have? I went with the ones that came with the D60, and they are much longer.

And, what shock mounts do you have? I went with the ones that came with the D60, and they are much longer.

Pretty much. And to make sure I'm not mounting them to high or low, since the holes aren't there for the mounts since this was a 2wd truck.

For now I'm just going with cheap/ish gabriel shocks off of rockauto. I plan to upgrade to bilsteins or fox shocks later down the road.

I've actually got a dual shock mount kit from a parts truck that I parted out 6 or 7 years ago. I'm not too sure I'm going to like it, but since I went with the light U code spring it may be alright.

Pretty much. And to make sure I'm not mounting them to high or low, since the holes aren't there for the mounts since this was a 2wd truck.

For now I'm just going with cheap/ish gabriel shocks off of rockauto. I plan to upgrade to bilsteins or fox shocks later down the road.

I've actually got a dual shock mount kit from a parts truck that I parted out 6 or 7 years ago. I'm not too sure I'm going to like it, but since I went with the light U code spring it may be alright.

Lets see if this helps. But if you need more measurements or pics just ask.

The "down" measurement between the upper and lower shock mounting bolts is 21 1/4", and the "up" measurement is 24 1/4".

Here's with the shock in the "up" position:

Front_Shock_Tower.thumb.jpg.f28489690a9c9308c53be7f27a603a57.jpg

And here's a measurement from the lower front bolt hole to the rear steering box bolt: 7". Note that the front holes are the factory holes, and I drilled new holes for the rear bolts on the 4-bolt bracket.

Front_Shock_Tower_Bolt_To_Rear_Steering_Box_Bolt.thumb.jpg.37fbaecdf63aaa6e0633997052b25df2.jpg

The "down" measurement between the upper and lower shock mounting bolts is 21 1/4", and the "up" measurement is 24 1/4".

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n61504/Front_Shock_Tower.jpg

And here's a measurement from the lower front bolt hole to the rear steering box bolt: 7". Note that the front holes are the factory holes, and I drilled new holes for the rear bolts on the 4-bolt bracket.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n61504/Front_Shock_Tower_Bolt_To_Rear_Steering_Box_Bolt.jpg

Much appreciated, I believe that will get me to where I need to be. I will try and put those measurements to use tonight!

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n61504/Front_Shock_Tower.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n61504/Front_Shock_Tower_Bolt_To_Rear_Steering_Box_Bolt.jpg

Much appreciated, I believe that will get me to where I need to be. I will try and put those measurements to use tonight!

If there's something else that would help, just ask. I'm 20' from the truck and just scanning new docs, so it is easy.

If there's something else that would help, just ask. I'm 20' from the truck and just scanning new docs, so it is easy.

Gary, do you think you could take a picture with the old shock mount approximately where it was when mounted on the truck? I want to see the difference between the upper shock bolts and where they're located between the two different style mounts. In other words, just put the old shock mount in front of the new mount (no need to remove the shock) and just do your best to line the holes up by sight.

Gary, do you think you could take a picture with the old shock mount approximately where it was when mounted on the truck? I want to see the difference between the upper shock bolts and where they're located between the two different style mounts. In other words, just put the old shock mount in front of the new mount (no need to remove the shock) and just do your best to line the holes up by sight.

Yep, I can do that tomorrow. Easy peasy as I have the old ones laying right there.