Bullnose Forums

Sky's Front Superduty RSK on a 2wd

Big Blue drops 3 3/4" when the weight is put on the wheels. That's with everything but the winch and cooling system in. Bumper, dual batteries, engine, tranny, t-case, etc are all in. I'm going to guess that it'll settle another 1/4" with everything. But right now the truck is level, with the top of the wheel well openings at 41" to the floor.

That's about how much I need mine to settle! With all your extra stuff you're about the same weight that I will be on the front end. Going to try and get the axle under it tonight or this weekend and we shall see.

I'm gonna have to buy some dolly's or roll it out of my shop on jacks though. That side of my shop I've been working in, the door only opens just above 6ft. *face palm*

Wasn't thinking about having a roll up garage door when I built the addition or that I would be putting a big truck in it lol.

I sold my parts truck a few weeks ago and the day after I realized I needed the brake hose brackets for the front since on the 2wd it's part of the coil bucket. Another *face palm*

So, I need to get to picknpull and get them off another truck soon.

Fixing to take the rear driveshaft to get shortened and balanced today. Way cheaper than I thought it would be too. But I'm sure new ujoints are gonna be what breaks the camel's back on what I have budgeted for that part.

That's about how much I need mine to settle! With all your extra stuff you're about the same weight that I will be on the front end. Going to try and get the axle under it tonight or this weekend and we shall see.

I'm gonna have to buy some dolly's or roll it out of my shop on jacks though. That side of my shop I've been working in, the door only opens just above 6ft. *face palm*

Wasn't thinking about having a roll up garage door when I built the addition or that I would be putting a big truck in it lol.

I sold my parts truck a few weeks ago and the day after I realized I needed the brake hose brackets for the front since on the 2wd it's part of the coil bucket. Another *face palm*

Fixing to take the rear driveshaft to get shortened and balanced today. Way cheaper than I thought it would be too. But I'm sure new ujoints are gonna be what breaks the camel's back on what I have budgeted for that part.

Did you see these from Sky?

SKY Offroad Brake Line Brackets

Little too rich for my blood, so I made my own out of some similar thickness sheet steel. There's really not that much too them. Bent them in my vise without much issue.

Yes, there's always something you forget. Then you realize "I should have kept that!" But you are getting there. :nabble_anim_claps:

Little too rich for my blood, so I made my own out of some similar thickness sheet steel. There's really not that much too them. Bent them in my vise without much issue.

I had not seen those, but it actually makes it much easier for me because being able to go to picknpull will take longer than Sky can ship those to me these days lol. Thanks for the link!

I had not seen those, but it actually makes it much easier for me because being able to go to picknpull will take longer than Sky can ship those to me these days lol. Thanks for the link!

Well, there it is. Looks like it's going to be just about perfect. It looks level right now, maybe a touch higher in the front but I think once the front end is together and full of fluids I'm going to be very happy with it!!! :nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_claps:

20200515_222121.jpg.6cfa574c13f31ab1bd72e924a72278dd.jpg

Well, there it is. Looks like it's going to be just about perfect. It looks level right now, maybe a touch higher in the front but I think once the front end is together and full of fluids I'm going to be very happy with it!!! :nabble_anim_jump::nabble_anim_claps:

Looking good!!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

Don't remember if you have used springs or not like I do. but I expect a suspension with used springs to settle a bit after driving as the bushings flex and things align.

Looking good!!!! :nabble_anim_claps:

Don't remember if you have used springs or not like I do. but I expect a suspension with used springs to settle a bit after driving as the bushings flex and things align.

Gary,

The front are new springs and the rear springs have about 100k miles on them. I'm a lot more confident it's going to be sitting where I want it to now that it's on its own weight.

Now I just have to decide if I'm going to try and run the sway bar or not. My other truck doesn't have one and I've never noticed an issue, but it is also on a lot tighter springs. How about you, are you running a front swaybar?

Gary,

The front are new springs and the rear springs have about 100k miles on them. I'm a lot more confident it's going to be sitting where I want it to now that it's on its own weight.

Now I just have to decide if I'm going to try and run the sway bar or not. My other truck doesn't have one and I've never noticed an issue, but it is also on a lot tighter springs. How about you, are you running a front swaybar?

I have the sway bar and the brackets, but pulling the links to the sway bar on the old TTB helped the ride significantly, so I'm going to start without it.

If I remember correctly, there was going to be some fabrication needed to make longer links. So I decided to do without and see how it goes.

And the new springs will surely settle some. It is going to be just what you wanted. :nabble_smiley_good:

I have the sway bar and the brackets, but pulling the links to the sway bar on the old TTB helped the ride significantly, so I'm going to start without it.

If I remember correctly, there was going to be some fabrication needed to make longer links. So I decided to do without and see how it goes.

And the new springs will surely settle some. It is going to be just what you wanted. :nabble_smiley_good:

Glad to see it sits where you want it! Can't wait to see the truck with the front clip back on.

Glad to see it sits where you want it! Can't wait to see the truck with the front clip back on.

Gary,

I'd definitely have to make new links or buy some longer ones for sure. I think I'm going to just pull it off for now and see how it is.

Shaun,

I am almost ready to install it back on too. There are still a few things I am going to try and get done before mounting the front clip back on since everything is so easy to get to without it on. Hopefully soon though!!