Bullnose Forum

Sky's Front Superduty RSK on a 2wd

Let's see if these pics do it, Shaun. But, parallax is a pain so I measured them: 12" for the '85 towers and 14 1/2" for the '95 towers.

Not quite what I was looking for, but it would probably be too hard with the shock in the way. No worries, I'm only trying to verify a theory that the upper shock mount is in different places (fore vs aft) between the two bolt and four bolt towers.

Here's my rough drawing of what I'm referring to. If the shock (blue line) on the two bolt towers is in line with the two bolt holes, and the shock (red line) on the four bolt towers is in the center of the four bolts, then mounting a four bolt tower to the two bolt tower's holes would slightly change the location of the upper shock bushing as shown below. If I'm correct, that means it apparently doesn't really matter where the bracket is bolted provided it is within the tolerances of the sleeve in the upper shock bushing.

Untitled.jpg.222efe23b60492666ab19311ec305a40.jpg

Not quite what I was looking for, but it would probably be too hard with the shock in the way. No worries, I'm only trying to verify a theory that the upper shock mount is in different places (fore vs aft) between the two bolt and four bolt towers.

Here's my rough drawing of what I'm referring to. If the shock (blue line) on the two bolt towers is in line with the two bolt holes, and the shock (red line) on the four bolt towers is in the center of the four bolts, then mounting a four bolt tower to the two bolt tower's holes would slightly change the location of the upper shock bushing as shown below. If I'm correct, that means it apparently doesn't really matter where the bracket is bolted provided it is within the tolerances of the sleeve in the upper shock bushing.

I think your assumption that it doesn't really matter as long as you are within the tolerance is accurate.

But remember that the way I located my shock towers was to bolt the tower in using the original 2-bolt holes, snug the shock's lower bolt up to align it, and swivel it up into place while the truck was sitting on the ground. And it turned out that the shock tower was in the perfect spot.

I think your assumption that it doesn't really matter as long as you are within the tolerance is accurate.

But remember that the way I located my shock towers was to bolt the tower in using the original 2-bolt holes, snug the shock's lower bolt up to align it, and swivel it up into place while the truck was sitting on the ground. And it turned out that the shock tower was in the perfect spot.

That's my thinking as well. There's definitely a difference there, but it's minimal, and not enough to affect the shock's final placement.

Well, unfortunately the upper shock mounts I have are not going to work. I'm going to assume TTB shock mounts and dana 60 shock mounts are different and I did not know that. The shock mounts are dual shock mounts I have are off of a TTB truck i parted out several years ago . I could lower the mounting location to make it work though I suppose, but idk what I want to do now. I knew I should have pulled the stock shock mounts off the parts truck.

Well, unfortunately the upper shock mounts I have are not going to work. I'm going to assume TTB shock mounts and dana 60 shock mounts are different and I did not know that. The shock mounts are dual shock mounts I have are off of a TTB truck i parted out several years ago . I could lower the mounting location to make it work though I suppose, but idk what I want to do now. I knew I should have pulled the stock shock mounts off the parts truck.

There's a few sets of the four-bolt versions on Ebay right now....

F350 4-bolt Shock Towers

Yes, the D60 mounts I have are 4-bolt and 2 1/2" longer than the TTB upper mounts.

I measured the ones on Clifford because I didn't change its shock mounts when I swapped in the Dana 60 and they measure out the same measurements you've given me. So I'm curious if this dual shock mount is shorter to run the stock shocks on a lifted truck or what exactly. Another odd ball thing they are also 3 hole and not 2 or 4. 2 upper holes and 1 lower centered between the upper holes. I'm gonna sleep on it and think about it, I'm still not sure what I want to do.

I measured the ones on Clifford because I didn't change its shock mounts when I swapped in the Dana 60 and they measure out the same measurements you've given me. So I'm curious if this dual shock mount is shorter to run the stock shocks on a lifted truck or what exactly. Another odd ball thing they are also 3 hole and not 2 or 4. 2 upper holes and 1 lower centered between the upper holes. I'm gonna sleep on it and think about it, I'm still not sure what I want to do.

Interesting. Haven't seen a quad shock setup on a D60. Assume you have a different lower mount as well.