Bullnose Forums

Flareside Stripe kit Update, All Vinyl now cut!

:nabble_anim_claps:

Great, thanks! I imagine you will have a good demand for these. I wanted something like the original vinyl strips for after I get my truck repainted.

I think first up will be Blue vinyl and silver Accent....

remember, this is all one BIG experiment...:nabble_anim_crazy:

So I went through the MPC and the stripe section,

the accent colors for the Flareside were:

White

Orange

Silver

Gold

Blue

Blue (med)

Red/orange

Tan

Teal

Will concentrate on accent colors White, Silver and Blue...

Sounds great.

I take it you are focusing on the Type 6 pin striping.

Type_6.png.1c31785cd7e01e629870da596732c955.png

Would there be any future plans for Type 1 cab pin striping? I got the type that my '82 flareside has it has the Type 6 body pin striping along with the cab roof Type 1.

Type_1.png.20df2687326e23ef878af17ab23a0a2a.png

Based off what I have in my notes Type 1, A is dark blue and B is medium blue. For Type 6, A is dark blue and B is medium blue. For some reason parts and illustration guide says this combination for Type 6 pin striping is 1985 only but I know my truck is two tone from the factory as my door tag lists the midnight blue poly and the argent silver coloring.

But if you are interested in making the Type 1 cab I might be able to draw an outline of mine via paper. The back of the cab I cant get to but all it does is just run across the back of the cab connecting the two sides to allow the roof to be painted two tone.

I think first up will be Blue vinyl and silver Accent....

remember, this is all one BIG experiment...:nabble_anim_crazy:

Yep paint is always an option. I was thinking of having mine painted on instead since these pin striping kits are no longer available. Part of me wished I bought the entire set from Ford back in the mid to late 90s when they still had a set but I put it off and now there are none to be had. I have ebay watching out for this set via OE part number but 7 years and not one hit.

Sounds great.

I take it you are focusing on the Type 6 pin striping.

Would there be any future plans for Type 1 cab pin striping? I got the type that my '82 flareside has it has the Type 6 body pin striping along with the cab roof Type 1.

Based off what I have in my notes Type 1, A is dark blue and B is medium blue. For Type 6, A is dark blue and B is medium blue. For some reason parts and illustration guide says this combination for Type 6 pin striping is 1985 only but I know my truck is two tone from the factory as my door tag lists the midnight blue poly and the argent silver coloring.

But if you are interested in making the Type 1 cab I might be able to draw an outline of mine via paper. The back of the cab I cant get to but all it does is just run across the back of the cab connecting the two sides to allow the roof to be painted two tone.

Type 1 is always a possibility, "Boss Hoss Decals too!

Type 1 is always a possibility, "Boss Hoss Decals too!

That would be great for me then cause I don't know how much it would cost to have all this pinstriping painted on. But I figured that might be my only option to get the pinstriping.

Ive had the truck so long in two tone I don't want to go mono tone.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be great for me then cause I don't know how much it would cost to have all this pinstriping painted on. But I figured that might be my only option to get the pinstriping.

Ive had the truck so long in two tone I don't want to go mono tone.

Success! I have all 17 pieces made and ready to cut a complete set!

Up first is the "bitter sweet (red) and silver" combo.

Will cut a set tomorrow, then the next step is to screen print the silver accent stripe and it's done!

Ill make two sets of Bittersweet and Silver (E5TZ 8320000-BP)

and two sets of the Light Blue and Dark Blue accent stripe, (E5TZ 8320002-AB)

Success! I have all 17 pieces made and ready to cut a complete set!

Up first is the "bitter sweet (red) and silver" combo.

Will cut a set tomorrow, then the next step is to screen print the silver accent stripe and it's done!

Ill make two sets of Bittersweet and Silver (E5TZ 8320000-BP)

and two sets of the Light Blue and Dark Blue accent stripe, (E5TZ 8320002-AB)

I have an '84, built 11/83.

I always have a hard time decoding these part numbers, but according to the documentation on the site, (http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/f-series-tape-stripe-codes.html) I should have E3TZ-8320002-AB. But, I remember the truck (my Dad was the original owner) having a light blue for the 'A' color, and darker blue for the 'B' like you are building E5TZ 8320002-AB against.

Or am I just reading it wrong?

I have an '84, built 11/83.

I always have a hard time decoding these part numbers, but according to the documentation on the site, (http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/f-series-tape-stripe-codes.html) I should have E3TZ-8320002-AB. But, I remember the truck (my Dad was the original owner) having a light blue for the 'A' color, and darker blue for the 'B' like you are building E5TZ 8320002-AB against.

Or am I just reading it wrong?

E3TZ's' were "replaced by" (r/b) E5TZ's.

Yes Light blue tape with dark blue pin stripe. is in the works...