Bullnose Forums

Dad's Truck Build

Wow! I'm locked into Ridgid, but that is an amazing range of tools.

I talked with the manager of Direct Tools in Branson about the range of Ridgid vs Ryobi vs Milwaukee. His opinion was that Ryobi has the most diverse range, but that Milwaukee is coming on strong. However, Ridgid seems to be focused on the "construction" tools, like drills, saws, impacts, etc.

Ryobi has gone into the 40v tools as well, and my brother has a leaf blower and a weed eater from them. He's relegated his Stihl blower and weed eater to his cabin where he really can use the extra power of the gas engines, but he seems to be happy with the Ryobi tools for his house in town. And his wife uses the blower frequently to blow off the back porch - something she never did with the Stihl.

Battery-powered tools have really turned the corner. :nabble_smiley_good:

Time for an update. The floor patch has been bed-lined. Here's what it looks like, although the liner hasn't yet cured so it still has a sheen to it. But when it cures it'll blend perfectly with the other.

Patch_Bed-Lined.jpg.c475e6d9018f9f6a1af30029391452d2.jpg

Then I put the cab back on the frame, and was to the point of looking up the torque values for the mounts when I ran across the statement below in the Body section. I guess this answers the question. There's still some silicone lube on the bottom of the cab as well as the frame, if not the bushings themselves, so it has to come off.

So, the cab's gotta come back off, and while it is I'm going to powder coat a few things. But, the end of this chapter is in sight! :nabble_anim_jump:

Body_Mount_Warning.thumb.jpg.adb4142597d2082b759d7860fd61f39f.jpg

Time for an update. The floor patch has been bed-lined. Here's what it looks like, although the liner hasn't yet cured so it still has a sheen to it. But when it cures it'll blend perfectly with the other.

Then I put the cab back on the frame, and was to the point of looking up the torque values for the mounts when I ran across the statement below in the Body section. I guess this answers the question. There's still some silicone lube on the bottom of the cab as well as the frame, if not the bushings themselves, so it has to come off.

So, the cab's gotta come back off, and while it is I'm going to powder coat a few things. But, the end of this chapter is in sight! :nabble_anim_jump:

Note that it only specifies the frame & mounts, because they shouldn't move in relation to each other. It does NOT say "the body".

But I don't think it's critical; especially with modern rubber, and certainly not with polyurethane. Which are you using?

• 4 months later...

Note that it only specifies the frame & mounts, because they shouldn't move in relation to each other. It does NOT say "the body".

But I don't think it's critical; especially with modern rubber, and certainly not with polyurethane. Which are you using?

Steve - Somehow I missed your question back in May. Sorry. But I'm using polyurethane.

Anyway, I actually did a teeny bit of work on Dad's truck today. Yesterday I powder coated the transmission inspection plate that Bill sent me. Today I PC'd the screws, which are 1/4-14's. Here's the combo:

Transmission_Inspection_Plate_and_Screws.thumb.jpg.219cd28c4db53844694b0844d2ecf689.jpg

And here they are installed, although this pic is poor:

Transmission_Inspection_Plate_Installed.thumb.jpg.c20ea26a1e646ff267c46f98d8166ccf.jpg

Steve - Somehow I missed your question back in May. Sorry. But I'm using polyurethane.

Anyway, I actually did a teeny bit of work on Dad's truck today. Yesterday I powder coated the transmission inspection plate that Bill sent me. Today I PC'd the screws, which are 1/4-14's. Here's the combo:

And here they are installed, although this pic is poor:

I hadn't seen your Conoco pump 4 (is the other side 3?). Have you had that for long?

I hadn't seen your Conoco pump 4 (is the other side 3?). Have you had that for long?

Hmmm? I believe that arrived about 3 or 4 years ago. Right, Gary? :nabble_anim_confused:

Steve - Keith Perry gave me that. And I'm chagrined that it still isn't up in the shop. What are you doing today? Want to hang it?

Long story short, I was with Conoco and he with DuPont when DuPont bought Conoco. We worked together in the combined Telecommunications organization in Houston from '88 to '94, when I transfered to Wilmington and changed over to DuPont. Later DuPont spun Conoco off and Keith went with it. Then Conoco and Phillps merged and he was transferred to B'ville.

Meanwhile I retired and we moved to town. First Sunday at church it was announced that Gary & Janey Lewis were visting and this guy gets up from what is now my seat and comes back to where I was sitting, which is now Glenn Reynolds' seat, and sticks out his hand. Hadn't seen him in 10 years, but I said "Hi, Keith!"

David - You are probably right. :nabble_smiley_blush:

• 3 years later...

Steve - Keith Perry gave me that. And I'm chagrined that it still isn't up in the shop. What are you doing today? Want to hang it?

Long story short, I was with Conoco and he with DuPont when DuPont bought Conoco. We worked together in the combined Telecommunications organization in Houston from '88 to '94, when I transfered to Wilmington and changed over to DuPont. Later DuPont spun Conoco off and Keith went with it. Then Conoco and Phillps merged and he was transferred to B'ville.

Meanwhile I retired and we moved to town. First Sunday at church it was announced that Gary & Janey Lewis were visting and this guy gets up from what is now my seat and comes back to where I was sitting, which is now Glenn Reynolds' seat, and sticks out his hand. Hadn't seen him in 10 years, but I said "Hi, Keith!"

David - You are probably right. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Hi Gary,

as you see, I had a look at your Dad´s truck. I´m still impressed about your work and your equipment and I'm still laughing at your comment "how much intricate detail there is in that thing" at my model :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: you are prangster...

In any case, the truck is much better build than any series car. Well done :nabble_anim_claps:

The man in the garage, is it you or your dad??

:nabble_anim_working: Tobias

Hi Gary,

as you see, I had a look at your Dad´s truck. I´m still impressed about your work and your equipment and I'm still laughing at your comment "how much intricate detail there is in that thing" at my model :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig: you are prangster...

In any case, the truck is much better build than any series car. Well done :nabble_anim_claps:

The man in the garage, is it you or your dad??

:nabble_anim_working: Tobias

Tobias - My work is 18 times bigger than yours, and that makes it a bunch easier. But, I will admit that I have put a lot of time in on Dad's truck.

As for the guy in the pic below, assuming that's the one you were questioning, that's my little brother. He's three years younger than I am, so since I'm 75 he must be 72.

Rick_Installing_The_Transmission.thumb.jpg.8f4ad1c311a12ec5f5f78d2c834521d5.jpg

Tobias - My work is 18 times bigger than yours, and that makes it a bunch easier. But, I will admit that I have put a lot of time in on Dad's truck.

As for the guy in the pic below, assuming that's the one you were questioning, that's my little brother. He's three years younger than I am, so since I'm 75 he must be 72.

Looking good, Gary!!!