Bullnose Forums

Dad's Truck Build

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t remember if Bronco’s got the skid plate or not. Maybe I should buy one 😈

Skid plate or Bronco??? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Guys - Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. We are told, by people we know and trust, that the doctor that's doing the surgery is one of the best there is, so that's comforting.

And, I'm not at all concerned about the "thread diversion". Nor having the discussion go on while I'm thinking of other things. I'm happy that you are having the discussion.

On the question of ratings, it would sure be nice to find them, someplace. But I just checked and neither the Ford nor the BW manuals I have include that info.

As for buying things, I vote for buying a Bronco to find out if it has a skid plate. But, just one sample won't adequately answer the question, so maybe each of us should buy one? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Guys - Thanks for the prayers and thoughts. We are told, by people we know and trust, that the doctor that's doing the surgery is one of the best there is, so that's comforting.

And, I'm not at all concerned about the "thread diversion". Nor having the discussion go on while I'm thinking of other things. I'm happy that you are having the discussion.

On the question of ratings, it would sure be nice to find them, someplace. But I just checked and neither the Ford nor the BW manuals I have include that info.

As for buying things, I vote for buying a Bronco to find out if it has a skid plate. But, just one sample won't adequately answer the question, so maybe each of us should buy one? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Prayers for Janey, hope everything goes well.

Good plan Gary... partners in crime in the name of scientific rigor! I’ve been drooling over this one but looks like it has title issue and I can’t get the seller to message me 😔

https://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/d/lake-havasu-city-1980-ford-bronco/6834900963.html

3929C09E-21B1-4B2C-B8BB-950FFD801BA6.jpeg.3c15d236c773fbfb95f452b970cdbce4.jpeg

Good plan Gary... partners in crime in the name of scientific rigor! I’ve been drooling over this one but looks like it has title issue and I can’t get the seller to message me 😔

https://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/d/lake-havasu-city-1980-ford-bronco/6834900963.html

Bill - Thanks!

Jonathan - I could easily justify $800 for that! Go for it! :nabble_anim_jump:

All - My brother just called to check in, and in the course of the conversation he said he wants to come down to help install the engine and tranny in Dad's truck. So that's a bit of impetus to get the sway bar and tie rods painted and installed. And boy, do I need some impetus. Right now the truck isn't all that high on my priority list.

Anyway, I'll head out in a few to see what I can get done today. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

Maybe it had to do with GVWR? My ‘81 F150 is a surprisingly healthy 6100 lbs.
This is what my '83 Custom 300ci (IOW: exceptionally LIGHT for a Bronco) Bronco's VC label originally looked like (except the VIN):

https://supermotors.net/getfile/169466/thumbnail/vinstickerpublic.jpg

BTW

Its current CURB weight is 1/4-ton heavier than its original GVWR:

https://supermotors.net/getfile/1037543/thumbnail/52curb.jpg

maybe the NP 208 were shorter? Or didn’t hang down as far?
That's possible, but I don't think the difference would be significant enough to exclude the 1345. The 1356 hangs down MUCH more than the 208.
I can’t remember if Bronco’s got the skid plate or not.
Yes, it was standard on '80-96 Broncos, and possibly '78-9.
Maybe I should buy one 😈
Uuuhh... EVERYONE should! :nabble_smiley_good:
I could easily justify $800 for that!
That seems pretty steep for a Bronco in that condition. :nabble_smiley_scared: I've never seen a floor console do that. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

This is what my '83 Custom 300ci (IOW: exceptionally LIGHT for a Bronco) Bronco's VC label originally looked like (except the VIN):

BTW

That's possible, but I don't think the difference would be significant enough to exclude the 1345. The 1356 hangs down MUCH more than the 208.
Maybe I should buy one 😈
That seems pretty steep for a Bronco in that condition. :nabble_smiley_scared: I've never seen a floor console do that. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Geez! That’s a HEAVY Bronco! Why so much? My 4x4 straight six F150 I think was 4,460?

The brown Bronco looks really straight and no cancer even on the tailgate and fender arches. It has factory AC. Looks pretty original and not wheeled to death. With the rising prices on these I’d say $800 is a good deal... if it could be titled. Otherwise it’s a headache I don’t need. Does not matter I guess, the guy won’t message me.

Edit: re the console, that’s the curse of living in the UV belt. Not much rust cancer but the plastics can take it in the shorts! Luckily that’s easy to remedy compared to welding in new sheet metal.

Gary, I REALLY wish you were not so far. I would absolutely love to come help you and your brother get that engine in. Not that you need the help necessarily, but I would selfishly enjoy being there for it!

Geez! That’s a HEAVY Bronco! Why so much? My 4x4 straight six F150 I think was 4,460?

The brown Bronco looks really straight and no cancer even on the tailgate and fender arches. It has factory AC. Looks pretty original and not wheeled to death. With the rising prices on these I’d say $800 is a good deal... if it could be titled. Otherwise it’s a headache I don’t need. Does not matter I guess, the guy won’t message me.

Edit: re the console, that’s the curse of living in the UV belt. Not much rust cancer but the plastics can take it in the shorts! Luckily that’s easy to remedy compared to welding in new sheet metal.

Gary, I REALLY wish you were not so far. I would absolutely love to come help you and your brother get that engine in. Not that you need the help necessarily, but I would selfishly enjoy being there for it!

They need to flip that Bronco, it's done on top!

Why is that heavy? My 1992 label says 6300 lbs. Front 2800, rear 3770.

Or, he could wait until September and there would be many hands to assist! :nabble_anim_handshake:

BTW

Maybe I should buy one 😈

My 2WD F 150's GVWR is 6100 lbs and rides like a log wagon as they say. Prayers for you and Janey, Gary.