Bullnose Forums

Dad's Truck Build

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. If it were for a Ford you'd just add 1 to the part number to get the left side.

Today's powder-coating exercise, mostly for the front sway bar and front crossmember. That's 66 parts, but there's another for the transmission crossmember that also got coated. And, I got started media-blasting the transmission crossmember as well as the sway bar itself.

So, maybe Monday I'll get the two crossmembers blasted and PC'd - black. Then get the sway bar and the tie rods POR15'd, and it'll be time to button up the front suspension. :nabble_anim_jump:

Front_Sway_Bar_Hardware.thumb.jpg.feddd669ceb2f3dbc8e1bb10c845ee1d.jpg

Today's powder-coating exercise, mostly for the front sway bar and front crossmember. That's 66 parts, but there's another for the transmission crossmember that also got coated. And, I got started media-blasting the transmission crossmember as well as the sway bar itself.

So, maybe Monday I'll get the two crossmembers blasted and PC'd - black. Then get the sway bar and the tie rods POR15'd, and it'll be time to button up the front suspension. :nabble_anim_jump:

Looks good!

that is gorgeous

that is gorgeous
Thanks, guys. It sure feels good to be ticking things off the to-do list.

And, speaking of the to-do list, I think I just figured out how to embed one in a thread and keep it up to date. Let me explain:

For several years I've wanted to find a way to include the to-do list that I have for various projects. But the only ways I found to do that were very kludgy and they took a lot of editing. However, with the new-found ability to embed something in a post, it is a very real possibility. But, one that is just now starting to take shape.

My thinking is that I'll create a spreadsheet or, preferably, an Evernote or Onenote document that I can keep up with on any of my devices. And that will also be embedded on the first post of this thread. So, at any point in time any of us can check out the status of the project.

Does that make sense? Does it have merit?

Below is a really, REALLY rough cut at it. I'm envisioning tabs for each "system", like engine, transmission, suspension, interior, etc. And there I'll keep track of what is done, what needs doing, etc.

Thanks, guys. It sure feels good to be ticking things off the to-do list.

And, speaking of the to-do list, I think I just figured out how to embed one in a thread and keep it up to date. Let me explain:

For several years I've wanted to find a way to include the to-do list that I have for various projects. But the only ways I found to do that were very kludgy and they took a lot of editing. However, with the new-found ability to embed something in a post, it is a very real possibility. But, one that is just now starting to take shape.

My thinking is that I'll create a spreadsheet or, preferably, an Evernote or Onenote document that I can keep up with on any of my devices. And that will also be embedded on the first post of this thread. So, at any point in time any of us can check out the status of the project.

Does that make sense? Does it have merit?

Below is a really, REALLY rough cut at it. I'm envisioning tabs for each "system", like engine, transmission, suspension, interior, etc. And there I'll keep track of what is done, what needs doing, etc.

Apparently no one liked that idea? :nabble_smiley_what:That's ok 'cause I haven't figured out how to truly embed a Onenote or Evernote document - yet. I can, as you can see, embed a spreadsheet. But I don't think a spreadsheet is the proper way to capture the info. So I'm still working on this.As for Dad's truck, I didn't get much done today. I had hoped to get the transmission crossmember media blasted and both it and the front crossmember powder coated. But as I started blasting the tranny crossmember I discovered that there was a huge change in "paint" technology between the Bullnose era and 1990. I say that because the paint on the Bullnose parts I've blasted has come off easily, but the paint or powder coating on this thing is ON THERE! It was obvious that I was going to be blasting it for days just to get the stuff off.I finally resorted to paint stripper and got quite a bit of it off. But then I learned that a lady from church is in the hospital so Janey and I went to visit her and I left a heavy, thick coating of stripper on the part. Perhaps tomorrow that will be ready.Also, I got the wheel bearings and the Mile Marker parts in the mail, so I'm ready to get the wheels on there. :nabble_anim_jump:

Apparently no one liked that idea? :nabble_smiley_what:

That's ok 'cause I haven't figured out how to truly embed a Onenote or Evernote document - yet. I can, as you can see, embed a spreadsheet. But I don't think a spreadsheet is the proper way to capture the info. So I'm still working on this.

As for Dad's truck, I didn't get much done today. I had hoped to get the transmission crossmember media blasted and both it and the front crossmember powder coated. But as I started blasting the tranny crossmember I discovered that there was a huge change in "paint" technology between the Bullnose era and 1990. I say that because the paint on the Bullnose parts I've blasted has come off easily, but the paint or powder coating on this thing is ON THERE! It was obvious that I was going to be blasting it for days just to get the stuff off.

I finally resorted to paint stripper and got quite a bit of it off. But then I learned that a lady from church is in the hospital so Janey and I went to visit her and I left a heavy, thick coating of stripper on the part. Perhaps tomorrow that will be ready.

Also, I got the wheel bearings and the Mile Marker parts in the mail, so I'm ready to get the wheels on there. :nabble_anim_jump:

I believe it will have it's uses. Kind of neat.

I believe it will have it's uses. Kind of neat.

Thanks. Yes, I think having a summary in the first post of the thread will be a big help. And not having to edit the post to do so will be a big help as well.

What I'd like to use is Evernote or Onenote, but I cannot get either of them to actually show in the post. In other words, the spreadsheet shows in the post and you can see what is there, click the various tabs, scroll around, etc. But the Onenote "embed" just gives a link to the file instead of showing the content.

I've beaten my head against that wall for two days now, so am looking at other options.