Bullnose Forums

86 F150 5.0 running poorly

Well a 1991 is a much improved system from a 1986. Are you saying that an 06 French truck reminds you of a 1986 Ford? Ok, 1991 I think if you can find someone with a fair scan tool it may be able to read live data when running. Two of the major changes in addition to pin changes on the EEC are a speed input and a single duty cycle EGR control valve. You had me concerned when you posted a 3 digit code, 1986 only had 2 digit codes. 1990-up have a fuel pump module so no extra frame mounted pump.That TPS does not need to be right at 1 volt, the EEC will read the value when cranking and set that as idle/closed throttle.Shane, maybe these will help, they are from my AllData
Well hell, I took someone elses word on the name of that component, it is not a thermactor it is the EGR vacuum regulator

From: 85lebaront2 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address>

Sent: Monday, April 6, 2020 3:50 PM

To: sdhorton <redacted_email_address>

Subject: Re: 86 F150 5.0 running poorly

Well a 1991 is a much improved system from a 1986. Are you saying that an 06 French truck reminds you of a 1986 Ford? Ok, 1991 I think if you can find someone with a fair scan tool it may be able to read live data when running. Two of the major changes in addition to pin changes on the EEC are a speed input and a single duty cycle EGR control valve. You had me concerned when you posted a 3 digit code, 1986 only had 2 digit codes. 1990-up have a fuel pump module so no extra frame mounted pump.

That TPS does not need to be right at 1 volt, the EEC will read the value when cranking and set that as idle/closed throttle.

WRD000.jpg.d74e2b98150636e8a05e775828cb35d0.jpg

Shane, maybe these will help, they are from my AllData

Bill Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F-350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 1994 Taurus LX Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/86-F150-5-0-running-poorly-tp55861p55908.html

To unsubscribe from 86 F150 5.0 running poorly, click here.

NAML

https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif Virus-free. www.avast.com

The thermactor is the air pump. EGR system I believe will only open after a certain speed is reached. The EGR and thermactor solenoid valves are all powered by the red wire that powers the injectors the brown/pink wire goes to pin #33 on the EEC after first passing through C101 which should be a round 8 pin (not all may be used) plug on the left inner fender. If it is working at all you should be able to feel it "hum" as it is a duty cycle valve which pulses.