Bullnose Forum

Possible treasure trove of goodness.

I realize that I am new here, but I have what I think might be a good opportunity. An elderly gentleman about 6 miles from me has a personal collection/junkyard of mostly bullnose trucks/broncos. The local powers are pushing him to "get rid of the mess." I feel there may be a fair amount of goodies to be had before the scrapman cometh. I'd love to save them all. I have neither the space or resources. Brothers, what do I need to look for?

And, this is near York, PA?

Ok, let me think about what is hard to find:

• Underhood tool box: If there's one of those, grab it as well as the brackets to which it attaches

• Fog Lamp Bezel & Switch: There was an option of fog or driving lamps, and the switch for them was to the left of the steering column. The switch itself is made of unobtanium, and the bezel through which it goes is hard to find.

• Bull Bar: There was an option for a bull bar that bolted to the front bumper. There are options available for them now, in fact one of the guys on here is making them. But an original is hard to find.

• Accessories: Go to the Documentation/Accessories pick in the menu and there are several things that were available but are hard to find.

• Interior trim: If the plastic trim is good you might want to grab any and all. In the states with lots of sunshine it has crumbled.

• Tach cluster: If any of the trucks have a tachometer grab the whole instrument cluster

• Instrument & Radio Bezels: If these are good grab them as good ones are hard to find. But if they are cut up, as the radio bezels are frequently, pass.

• Power Mirrors: There was an option for these, but they are RARE. So if you find them, get them and the wires and switches.

• Flareside Fenders: These are getting hard to find.

I'm sure the others will chime in with other things I've forgotten.

And, this is near York, PA?

Ok, let me think about what is hard to find:

• Underhood tool box: If there's one of those, grab it as well as the brackets to which it attaches

• Fog Lamp Bezel & Switch: There was an option of fog or driving lamps, and the switch for them was to the left of the steering column. The switch itself is made of unobtanium, and the bezel through which it goes is hard to find.

• Bull Bar: There was an option for a bull bar that bolted to the front bumper. There are options available for them now, in fact one of the guys on here is making them. But an original is hard to find.

• Accessories: Go to the Documentation/Accessories pick in the menu and there are several things that were available but are hard to find.

• Interior trim: If the plastic trim is good you might want to grab any and all. In the states with lots of sunshine it has crumbled.

• Tach cluster: If any of the trucks have a tachometer grab the whole instrument cluster

• Instrument & Radio Bezels: If these are good grab them as good ones are hard to find. But if they are cut up, as the radio bezels are frequently, pass.

• Power Mirrors: There was an option for these, but they are RARE. So if you find them, get them and the wires and switches.

I'm sure the others will chime in with other things I've forgotten.

Brackets for A/C, power steering etc.

Flareside anything really. Fenders, steps, Tailgate, rear bumper (factory rear bumper only). Bumper brackets.

The dash/instruments/radio bezels can be worth good money if they're in good condition. I just sold a 1986 Burlwood set for $120 bucks shipped. They are quick and easy to remove as well.

The little gear indicators for the automatic transmission trucks are starting to go up in value as well. The little cable breaks on them, and there is no replacement.

If any of the trucks are manual trans with hydraulic clutches, grab the pedal sets out of them. They can be removed pretty quickly and easily. Electric impact and the right sockets and it'll be out in minutes. People are looking for these and I've seen them sell for $100 bucks.

I know nothing about the various body moldings and trim pieces, but people are often looking for them in good condition. They may be more trouble that they're worth to remove, but people are always hunting for them.

In any case, good luck. You could probably grab enough parts to make it really worth your while, although you might have to sit on them for a little while. Most of this stuff will sell after a while. Nice interior parts are hard to come by these days.

If you get a chance to browse through the vehicles, take some pictures and show us what is there. Pics of the certification labels are always very helpful too.

Flareside anything really. Fenders, steps, Tailgate, rear bumper (factory rear bumper only). Bumper brackets.The dash/instruments/radio bezels can be worth good money if they're in good condition. I just sold a 1986 Burlwood set for $120 bucks shipped. They are quick and easy to remove as well.The little gear indicators for the automatic transmission trucks are starting to go up in value as well. The little cable breaks on them, and there is no replacement.If any of the trucks are manual trans with hydraulic clutches, grab the pedal sets out of them. They can be removed pretty quickly and easily. Electric impact and the right sockets and it'll be out in minutes. People are looking for these and I've seen them sell for $100 bucks.I know nothing about the various body moldings and trim pieces, but people are often looking for them in good condition. They may be more trouble that they're worth to remove, but people are always hunting for them.In any case, good luck. You could probably grab enough parts to make it really worth your while, although you might have to sit on them for a little while. Most of this stuff will sell after a while. Nice interior parts are hard to come by these days.If you get a chance to browse through the vehicles, take some pictures and show us what is there. Pics of the certification labels are always very helpful too.
OK, most of these I was aware of. Others, I was not. I'd like to be able to go over each unit and when done, I simply pop a spot of spray paint on the window and I am on to the next. 

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020, 06:34 Rembrant [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Brackets for A/C, power steering etc.

I'm still new to this whole forum thing. Reading is one thing, active participation requires some learning. I've looked at most of what is left of these trucks. Some have been there for over twenty years. Access is not friendly either, nasty hill with down trees in the paths. There are a lot of briars too. Working on an under-hood toolbox. There is a lot of undergrowth that has grown enough to block doors and access in general. I am not giving up yet.

I'm still new to this whole forum thing. Reading is one thing, active participation requires some learning. I've looked at most of what is left of these trucks. Some have been there for over twenty years. Access is not friendly either, nasty hill with down trees in the paths. There are a lot of briars too. Working on an under-hood toolbox. There is a lot of undergrowth that has grown enough to block doors and access in general. I am not giving up yet.

We aren't picky about the posting. But if you can rescue a bunch of hard to find parts, we'll vote you most popular person of the month. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And an underhood tool box is one of those. But, don't forget the brackets for it. They are necessary. And the bolts are icing on the cake.

That truck has to have been highly optioned, so look it over closely for things like the fog light switch & bezel. Oh yes, the digital clock. And the holy grail - the behind the seat gun storage.

Gun_Storage.thumb.jpg.c4db7e90f3d106353f6f6f22bc7c9605.jpg

We aren't picky about the posting. But if you can rescue a bunch of hard to find parts, we'll vote you most popular person of the month. :nabble_smiley_wink:

And an underhood tool box is one of those. But, don't forget the brackets for it. They are necessary. And the bolts are icing on the cake.

That truck has to have been highly optioned, so look it over closely for things like the fog light switch & bezel. Oh yes, the digital clock. And the holy grail - the behind the seat gun storage.

Well the toolbox is in a Bronco. I am having some access issues. There is a fog light unit on a basic argent bezel that does not have a/c. Again trees have grown in the way. I am going to have to take a chainsaw with me next time. I am hoping the owner will have a blazer moved so I can drive to each truck.

• 1 month later...
If your still able, I'm looking for the outside rearview mirror assemblies. The ones I need came only on F350 from 80-89. Has 6 mounting bolts. I'd be very interested if they're still solid.
Mirrors are tough around here. Can you share a picture of the desired style? Looking to go back to the yard on Saturday so I can check for it then. 

On Thu, May 14, 2020, 13:46 Gearhead [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote: