Bullnose Forums

May 2020 Truck Of The Month Photo Submissions

Nice! And an A reg plate, how cool! The first car I bought was a P reg(306), probably not running anymore...

What size are your 'tyres'? Raised suspension?

Stock suspension though I'm considering a 4 inch lift🤔 33x12.5x15 tyres on 10x15 wheels. Running stock 3.50 gears at the moment so its a bit gutless on the 33's. I have a set of 31x10.5x15 on 8x15 wheels that I'm going to fit until I get an oportunity to fit 4.11 or 4.56 gears.

Alan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock suspension though I'm considering a 4 inch lift🤔 33x12.5x15 tyres on 10x15 wheels. Running stock 3.50 gears at the moment so its a bit gutless on the 33's. I have a set of 31x10.5x15 on 8x15 wheels that I'm going to fit until I get an oportunity to fit 4.11 or 4.56 gears.

Alan

I'm surprised by the clearance with the 33s. Don't think I've seen 33s on stock suspension, but I've read that it's possible, now I've seen proof. I like the look. Tires probably rub in tight turns though, right?

I'm surprised by the clearance with the 33s. Don't think I've seen 33s on stock suspension, but I've read that it's possible, now I've seen proof. I like the look. Tires probably rub in tight turns though, right?

Yeah, rub on full lock against the radius arms hence why I'm going to try the narrower width tyres. 👍

Alan

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n55449/IMG_0032.jpg

This will get my vote. Two tone red is my FAVORITE!!

20190921_105104.jpg.10c341ccc7630e35c85ca6109c94cb43.jpg

Here is my favorite pic of my truck. 32" Mud terrains. Stock suspension. I was thinking about getting 33" BFG All Terrains.

Here is my favorite pic of my truck. 32" Mud terrains. Stock suspension. I was thinking about getting 33" BFG All Terrains.

Ok Ray, if even you aren't going to vote for your own truck, then why are you entering it? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, I'll take that as Entry #2.

Ok Ray, if even you aren't going to vote for your own truck, then why are you entering it? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Seriously though, I'll take that as Entry #2.

I dunno...I guess I just wouldnt think voting for myself would be the right thing to do??

Seriously, If I could find a two tone red with red interior, supercab, 4x4, Bullnose or Bricknose, I'd sell a bunch of stuff to get it. My dad's best friend had one when I was a kid, a bricknose 300 Six. He turbo charged it and hand fabricated a hydraulic dump bed. I think his may have been just a regular cab.

Maybe an optical illusion, but despite the tires on Alan's truck being and looking bigger than Ray's, the clearance on those fronts at least appears less... Not that an 1" would necessarily be super noticeable and it's probably just the angle anyway.

I want something similar, hopefully these contest threads will give me lots of ideas. Few pictures of trucks in all their glory are usually posted, the norm is of particular parts or areas where work has been done or is needed.

I'll hold off voting for now, I'm sure Gary mentioned the 15th as a date for when polls opened... but you accepted Ray's early vote Gary, so I guess this is going to be a banana republic election/poll!:nabble_smiley_evil:

Maybe an optical illusion, but despite the tires on Alan's truck being and looking bigger than Ray's, the clearance on those fronts at least appears less... Not that an 1" would necessarily be super noticeable and it's probably just the angle anyway.I want something similar, hopefully these contest threads will give me lots of ideas. Few pictures of trucks in all their glory are usually posted, the norm is of particular parts or areas where work has been done or is needed.I'll hold off voting for now, I'm sure Gary mentioned the 15th as a date for when polls opened... but you accepted Ray's early vote Gary, so I guess this is going to be a banana republic election/poll!:nabble_smiley_evil:
Yes, I think the pics will be motive for all of us. :nabble_smiley_good:

But, you may have misunderstood the process, which is:1. From 1st of month to the 15thish we nominate pics for next month, so until the 15th we are nominating for May2. On or about the 15th of each month I create a new thread with the nominated pics and a poll. Then you vote. So for May I plan to create the new thread w/poll on April 15th and you'll vote until the 30th of April.3. On the 1st of the month I create the new thread in the Monthly Truck Photo Contest folder. So on May 1st I'll create a thread entitled May 2020, and y'all can comment and drool. :nabble_smiley_wink:All that seems a bit complicated, so I'm open for suggestions.

Yes, I think the pics will be motive for all of us. :nabble_smiley_good:

But, you may have misunderstood the process, which is:1. From 1st of month to the 15thish we nominate pics for next month, so until the 15th we are nominating for May2. On or about the 15th of each month I create a new thread with the nominated pics and a poll. Then you vote. So for May I plan to create the new thread w/poll on April 15th and you'll vote until the 30th of April.3. On the 1st of the month I create the new thread in the Monthly Truck Photo Contest folder. So on May 1st I'll create a thread entitled May 2020, and y'all can comment and drool. :nabble_smiley_wink:All that seems a bit complicated, so I'm open for suggestions.
No, not complicated and a good plan Gary. I was just pulling your leg.To be fair, you only accepted Ray's nomination while teasing him about wanting to vote for someone else, so any leg pulling for accepting early voting was unwarranted... My apologies sir.