Bullnose Forums

VINTAGE 1986 FORD DEALER STANDARD STOCK CATALOG

That's a paper version of this: http://www.icsarchive.org/icsarchive-org/private/Ford%20Misc/2004-Standard-and-Utility-Parts-Catalog.pdf. I use it frequently to find out the dimensions of a bolt or nut, but the '86 version might have things that the 2004 doesn't.

If this was before the crash I'd ask if that's Canadian dollars. And, I'd ask what the shipping might be 'cross the border. But, today I think I'll pass. :nabble_smiley_cry:

If this was before the crash I'd ask if that's Canadian dollars. And, I'd ask what the shipping might be 'cross the border. But, today I think I'll pass. :nabble_smiley_cry:

That's $35 CDN, which right now is probably about $20 USD.

Oh no! I was afraid it might be something like that. I joined and sent him a message asking about a shipping guestimate and how low he can go. :nabble_smiley_what:

Oh no! I was afraid it might be something like that. I joined and sent him a message asking about a shipping guestimate and how low he can go. :nabble_smiley_what:

Haha. I checked the current exchange rate and $35 CDN is $25 USD today. Shipping from Ontario to OK shouldn't be too bad.

Haha. I checked the current exchange rate and $35 CDN is $25 USD today. Shipping from Ontario to OK shouldn't be too bad.

He's responded that he'll get a guestimate on the shipping later today.

My hope is that this version of the S&UPC will have every fastener listed in the MPC for these trucks. The 2004 version doesn't, and I suspect Ford took parts out as they discontinued using them, just like they did in the MPC. :nabble_smiley_cry:

If so, this could be very helpful.

He's responded that he'll get a guestimate on the shipping later today.

My hope is that this version of the S&UPC will have every fastener listed in the MPC for these trucks. The 2004 version doesn't, and I suspect Ford took parts out as they discontinued using them, just like they did in the MPC. :nabble_smiley_cry:

If so, this could be very helpful.

Turns out the shipping is as much or more than the book. We got the price, inc shipping, agreed at $50 US but he balked on Paypal. Said "Actually Gary, i'm not comfortable with Paypal, have heard of problems with user fees etc. Why dont you either mail me a cheque for $50 US, or, better still, send a USPS money order made out for $50 US."

I don't see ratings on sellers on Kijiji, but maybe I'm missing it? If his ratings were good I'd push for "family and friends" on Paypal, but if he doesn't ship then I have no recourse.

I'm not going somewhere to get a money order. But might send a check. Looking at the USPS site I find that mail to Canada is $1.20. Do I just put that much in postage on and send it? Anyone know?

Turns out the shipping is as much or more than the book. We got the price, inc shipping, agreed at $50 US but he balked on Paypal. Said "Actually Gary, i'm not comfortable with Paypal, have heard of problems with user fees etc. Why dont you either mail me a cheque for $50 US, or, better still, send a USPS money order made out for $50 US."

I don't see ratings on sellers on Kijiji, but maybe I'm missing it? If his ratings were good I'd push for "family and friends" on Paypal, but if he doesn't ship then I have no recourse.

I'm not going somewhere to get a money order. But might send a check. Looking at the USPS site I find that mail to Canada is $1.20. Do I just put that much in postage on and send it? Anyone know?

Gary,

I figured the shipping would be as much as the book itself, so that isn't a big surprise. I've shipped a lot of stuff to the US, so I'm used to it.

Sounds like he doesn't even use Paypal at all, or he would be used to it and understand the fee structure, which isn't much. If you want to Gary, ask him if he will accept an E-transfer from within Canada (email money transfer in CDN dollars). Tell him you have a friend that could send it.

There are no seller ratings that I'm aware of. I see he has 190 items listed, has been a member for 5 years, and has a 96% reply rating. The fact that he's selling a lot of car stuff and old manuals makes him seem legit. I'd say he's pretty safe. I've ordered a lot of stuff from random people on Kijiji and have never had any problems.

Otherwise yes, it's as simple as mailing a check. If it's a personal check, then just make sure it is clearly indicated or written that the amount is in USD.

If I can help in any way Gary, let me know.

Gary,

I figured the shipping would be as much as the book itself, so that isn't a big surprise. I've shipped a lot of stuff to the US, so I'm used to it.

Sounds like he doesn't even use Paypal at all, or he would be used to it and understand the fee structure, which isn't much. If you want to Gary, ask him if he will accept an E-transfer from within Canada (email money transfer in CDN dollars). Tell him you have a friend that could send it.

There are no seller ratings that I'm aware of. I see he has 190 items listed, has been a member for 5 years, and has a 96% reply rating. The fact that he's selling a lot of car stuff and old manuals makes him seem legit. I'd say he's pretty safe. I've ordered a lot of stuff from random people on Kijiji and have never had any problems.

Otherwise yes, it's as simple as mailing a check. If it's a personal check, then just make sure it is clearly indicated or written that the amount is in USD.

If I can help in any way Gary, let me know.

Thanks for the offer. Let me see if I can get him to move into the 21st Century and take PayPal and let you know.

Thanks for the offer. Let me see if I can get him to move into the 21st Century and take PayPal and let you know.

He checked out Paypal and they told him that regardless of whether I used friends & family or not, there will be a cross-border fee.

So I'm sending him a check.