Bullnose Forums

Center Dash Trim Needed

That's the pad that I'm looking for. They're plain black, aren't they? At least that's the catalog description for E2TZ-13A805-B.

I'd consider mine to be in decent shape - just wear to the wood grain on the ends. Heck, I guess I could just paint it!

(How do I rotate pictures??)

I don't think that E2TZ 13A805-B is a black horn pad. I have a note on that (Interior/Horn Pads) that says it is the cruise control version for the XLS.

And to rotate a pic you need to open it in a photo editing app and then save it. That usually does the trick for me w/o even rotating it. Forums, like this one and FTE, don't seem to look at the metadata that modern cameras or phones embed that includes the orientation. But the photo editing apps do and they fix it when you open and save.

That's the pad that I'm looking for. They're plain black, aren't they? At least that's the catalog description for E2TZ-13A805-B.

I'd consider mine to be in decent shape - just wear to the wood grain on the ends. Heck, I guess I could just paint it!

(How do I rotate pictures??)

There is not a plain black one. The XLS is a silver finish and extremely rare. I was lucky enough to win one on eBay thanks to David's tip, but other than that one I have only seen two or three others in photos.

If you want a black one you will have to custom paint it. Note the 85/86 horn pads had all black plastic frame and horn button plastic, while 80-84 had silver edging to the frame and the plastic parts of the horn button were silver/argent. Each would look different with the inserts painted.

If you go to disassemble the unit for painting, be aware that the plastic is brittle and the speed nuts like to break the plastic posts off be very careful and expect that at least some will break. Also if you remove the center Ford emblem, the posts like to break or even break the emblem in half. Not trying to scare you off of taking it apart, just giving you a heads up on how fragile everything is.

There is not a plain black one. The XLS is a silver finish and extremely rare. I was lucky enough to win one on eBay thanks to David's tip, but other than that one I have only seen two or three others in photos.

If you want a black one you will have to custom paint it. Note the 85/86 horn pads had all black plastic frame and horn button plastic, while 80-84 had silver edging to the frame and the plastic parts of the horn button were silver/argent. Each would look different with the inserts painted.

If you go to disassemble the unit for painting, be aware that the plastic is brittle and the speed nuts like to break the plastic posts off be very careful and expect that at least some will break. Also if you remove the center Ford emblem, the posts like to break or even break the emblem in half. Not trying to scare you off of taking it apart, just giving you a heads up on how fragile everything is.

Thanks for the find 1986F150Six. I pulled the trigger and have my center trim on the way.

Does anyone need my old center or cluster trim before they go up on eBay?? No A/C cluster trim, radio but no clock center trim. Both wood grain w/o the bright bead. They are as near perfect as you'll find for 32 year old parts!

Thanks for the find 1986F150Six. I pulled the trigger and have my center trim on the way.

Does anyone need my old center or cluster trim before they go up on eBay?? No A/C cluster trim, radio but no clock center trim. Both wood grain w/o the bright bead. They are as near perfect as you'll find for 32 year old parts!

That's why we have a For Sale, Trade, Or Free To A Good Home section. Feel free to advertise.