Bullnose Forums

Center Dash Trim Needed

I'm looking for a center dash trim for an '85-'86. I want a gray one, not wood grain - without holes for a clock, but with a radio opening. Must be in excellent condition.

I have a really nice set of wood grain trim panels that I'm willing to put up as trading stock if anyone wants or needs them. My set has no dash vents, and my center panel has a radio opening but no clock opening.

Please contact me if anyone can help!

Nice, but pretty pricey. But, I suppose my wood grain parts would probably sell to offset the cost...

Also, how about a horn pad with cruise switches but NO DANG WOOD GRAIN??

Regarding the horn pad, check with fellow member Ford F834 [his truck is the photo currently at the top of the forum]. He had 2 or 3 at the 2017 Garagemahal GTG. He can well be trusted!

Hi, unfortunately I can't help with the radio bezel at the moment. I have found several in the junkyards but all my weave bezels have gone to other homes. I can continue to watch for one if you are not in a hurry, but you never know what the tides will bring in or when...

Regarding the horn pad with cruise, there never was a match for the weave bezels. All the trucks trimmed high enough to get cruise evidently also got woodgrain, or the extremely rare brushed silver XLS. Your best bet is going to be to paint one, apply vinyl wrap or similar tactic. If you have a 85/85 burl wood cruise pad in any kind of decent condition I would consider selling it. That will be your most valuable interior trim piece. I have quite a few of the much less desirable econoline van horn pads that would work just fine for painting or vinyl wrap. The econoline vans had horn pads in an oak wood grain, as well as a reddish leather pattern and a tan leather pattern, but still nothing that would go with silver weave. Anyway, as mentioned I have some horn pads and I would flip it to you at my junkyard price if you need one. Below is a picture of a horn pad that Kyle (a member here) painted to match his XLS bezels:

IMG_6750.thumb.jpg.37d422a4972e853a40df903de789f458.jpg

Hi, unfortunately I can't help with the radio bezel at the moment. I have found several in the junkyards but all my weave bezels have gone to other homes. I can continue to watch for one if you are not in a hurry, but you never know what the tides will bring in or when...

Regarding the horn pad with cruise, there never was a match for the weave bezels. All the trucks trimmed high enough to get cruise evidently also got woodgrain, or the extremely rare brushed silver XLS. Your best bet is going to be to paint one, apply vinyl wrap or similar tactic. If you have a 85/85 burl wood cruise pad in any kind of decent condition I would consider selling it. That will be your most valuable interior trim piece. I have quite a few of the much less desirable econoline van horn pads that would work just fine for painting or vinyl wrap. The econoline vans had horn pads in an oak wood grain, as well as a reddish leather pattern and a tan leather pattern, but still nothing that would go with silver weave. Anyway, as mentioned I have some horn pads and I would flip it to you at my junkyard price if you need one. Below is a picture of a horn pad that Kyle (a member here) painted to match his XLS bezels:

That's the pad that I'm looking for. They're plain black, aren't they? At least that's the catalog description for E2TZ-13A805-B.horn_pad.jpg.749677a3c10ae665781bf06cf65c894b.jpg

I'd consider mine to be in decent shape - just wear to the wood grain on the ends. Heck, I guess I could just paint it!

(How do I rotate pictures??)