Bullnose Forums

Warning Buzzer

Mark - I can edit the page and mark it up. And I agree with what you are saying on Ckt 14 - it can't be both black and brown. And since yours is brown we'll go that way.

And I see what you are saying - the plug says 195 and the circuit going to the buzzer says 159. And looking at pages 83 and 84, which is where that circuit comes from, I see it is actually 159.

Good catches!

I've made the changes, although the page size isn't quite where I want it yet. Anyway, see what you think.

I just bought the black seven-pin buzzer to add the headlights-on warning (the one I most need). My truck, not having the light package, has the six-pin buzzer which omits the headlights-on warning.

The strange thing is that my truck has a door switch on the passenger side which comes with the light package. It’s possible I added it years ago and forgot.

I’ll check the diagram.

Mark

• 7 months later...

With it being tied to the door you can rule out the seatbelt. You could disconnect the large steering column connector and see if it stops. If it's the key-on indicator that is stuck that should disconnect the ground circuit.

This question may have been answered somewhere in this thread but my buzzer was unplugged by previous owner I popped it back in now it buzzes when I put in key and turn to on but after starting it goes of for a short time 2-3 seconds then comes back on even with seatbelts are in and lights off? I’m wondering if my ignition switch is faulty.

Thanks

This question may have been answered somewhere in this thread but my buzzer was unplugged by previous owner I popped it back in now it buzzes when I put in key and turn to on but after starting it goes of for a short time 2-3 seconds then comes back on even with seatbelts are in and lights off? I’m wondering if my ignition switch is faulty.

Thanks

Does it stay on indefinitely the second time it comes on?

So far yes after it goes of and come back it’s on u till I turn off the truck

My first guess would be the LH door switch. Does your dome light work? On and off with door open/close?

The delay is what's a little odd. That makes me think it's not the key/lights on buzzer but rather a defective timer in the seatbelt buzzer.

We don't have an 82 EVTM though so I am not sure if yours is like the 81 or the later combination style. :nabble_smiley_uh:

My first guess would be the LH door switch. Does your dome light work? On and off with door open/close?

The delay is what's a little odd. That makes me think it's not the key/lights on buzzer but rather a defective timer in the seatbelt buzzer.

We don't have an 82 EVTM though so I am not sure if yours is like the 81 or the later combination style. :nabble_smiley_uh:

My dome light doesn’t function, but I haven’t checked the bulb. As for my buzzer I don’t have the light group so I only have a single green seatbelt/ignition buzzer

My dome light doesn’t function, but I haven’t checked the bulb. As for my buzzer I don’t have the light group so I only have a single green seatbelt/ignition buzzer

Does your fasten seatbelt light come on when the buzzer is buzzing?

It does not, bulb perhaps? I’m not sure if the bulb effects the buzzer or not

Does it ever come on? During the initial buzzing?

Looking at the diagram, with a single buzzer I am not seeing how the buzzer could be on and the light isn't (aside from a burnt bulb). Trying to find some common ground to start working backwards from.

• 5 months later...

Does it ever come on? During the initial buzzing?

Looking at the diagram, with a single buzzer I am not seeing how the buzzer could be on and the light isn't (aside from a burnt bulb). Trying to find some common ground to start working backwards from.

So I don’t have a bulb in the dome light I’m gonna pick one up and see but when I test the socket with a multimeter I get 11-12vdc on even after I start the ignition and buckle the belts