Bullnose Forums

Warning Buzzer

It is behind dash board on the the passenger side, slightly above the blank panel above the glovebox and between the air vents (if you have them). You may be able to reach up from below to locate it. The lack of a buzzer may be that a wire was cut because someone found the noise annoying.

It is behind dash board on the the passenger side, slightly above the blank panel above the glovebox and between the air vents (if you have them). You may be able to reach up from below to locate it. The lack of a buzzer may be that a wire was cut because someone found the noise annoying.

I don't have any air vents, so that is not an issue.

I'm the same way - I retained the buzzer on my 1980 for just that reason. Whenever my grandfather would take me for a ride somewhere in the truck, that buzzer always went off - he wasn't a big believer in seat belts.

Fun story: just before the coronapocalypse hit, I had a teenager in the truck with me...we were going around the back of the school to pick up some heavy gear for the robotics team that I mentor. We get in, I start the truck, and the poor kid just about crapped his pants when the buzzer went off. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I had to explain to him that back in the dark ages, the 'warning chime' hadn't been invented yet, and all we had were buzzers. :nabble_smiley_happy:

I'm the same way - I retained the buzzer on my 1980 for just that reason. Whenever my grandfather would take me for a ride somewhere in the truck, that buzzer always went off - he wasn't a big believer in seat belts.

Fun story: just before the coronapocalypse hit, I had a teenager in the truck with me...we were going around the back of the school to pick up some heavy gear for the robotics team that I mentor. We get in, I start the truck, and the poor kid just about crapped his pants when the buzzer went off. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I had to explain to him that back in the dark ages, the 'warning chime' hadn't been invented yet, and all we had were buzzers. :nabble_smiley_happy:

Nothing says "old truck" more than pumping the gas to set the choke before starting and the old-school warning buzzer!

According to my 1986 F-Series sales brochure, the warning buzzer changed to a warning chime in 1986 for the Lariat models.

All other lesser models still used the warning buzzer.

Nothing says "old truck" more than pumping the gas to set the choke before starting and the old-school warning buzzer!

According to my 1986 F-Series sales brochure, the warning buzzer changed to a warning chime in 1986 for the Lariat models.

My 86 Lariat has the buzzer and while the chime would be a little less grating and my kids probably wouldn't put their hands over their ears anymore, I agree - it's part of the era.

My 86 Lariat has the buzzer and while the chime would be a little less grating and my kids probably wouldn't put their hands over their ears anymore, I agree - it's part of the era.

I must be one of the few that can absolutely not stand it lol. My father was the same way, as soon as it worked the first words out of his mouth were "well no wonder why I disconnected it". :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Same with my 86 Lariat. Buzzer.