Bullnose Forums

Vintage FoMoCo large truck engine operated tire air pump [cool!] - NOS

That is very cool! Turns your engine into a compressor, ha!

Interesting that the inner ring of the gauge is labelled as "KG"...which would be Kilograms per cubic meter. It's just an interesting scale. Same as pressure in Bar, which would be more common these days in Metric countries (except Canada...lol).

That is very cool! Turns your engine into a compressor, ha!

Interesting that the inner ring of the gauge is labelled as "KG"...which would be Kilograms per cubic meter. It's just an interesting scale. Same as pressure in Bar, which would be more common these days in Metric countries (except Canada...lol).

I've used one of those, but it didn't work very well. Very slow and a pain to install/remove.

I've used one of those, but it didn't work very well. Very slow and a pain to install/remove.

While not nearly as cool as this, my 80 1 ton was an oil pump truck and came with an extra ac compressor that had an air hose running to the back of the bed. No clue what psi it could output as it was removed as part of my simplification process.

Neat find.

While not nearly as cool as this, my 80 1 ton was an oil pump truck and came with an extra ac compressor that had an air hose running to the back of the bed. No clue what psi it could output as it was removed as part of my simplification process.

Neat find.

Neat stuff!

My 1968 Chevy half ton had factory rear air shocks with a controller in the cab. Hooked to the intake manifold.

Now I wonder how it worked. Vacuum for pressure?

Neat stuff!

My 1968 Chevy half ton had factory rear air shocks with a controller in the cab. Hooked to the intake manifold.

Now I wonder how it worked. Vacuum for pressure?

Dane - that's an interesting setup. Seems like a really low maintenance solution.