Bullnose Forums

Rear slider gasket

I have a power slider from a 1996 in Darth, I paid the glass installer that Pete's uses to do it and left Darth's tinted fixed window with them for stock.

Bill - where does the motor go on those? Vertical in the cab corner, horizontal on the floor beneath the window, or?

Thought I would try to keep this all in one thread, but as an FYI I wanted to confirm something for the next person, especially since both Steele and Rubber the Right Way have updated/changed their websites to be less specific/informative.

I haven't installed it yet, but it appears the master weather-strip kit from RTRW for 1980-86 Ford Trucks will NOT kit a rear factory slider from 1980 or 1981 with the aluminum frame (I expected this). I am making an assumption that the wide gap faces outward into the cab frame with the longer lip on the exterior. this means the inward facing slit/gap is for the window, and is barely thinker than a normal pane of glass.

I may be eating my words. I stopped by the shop to drop off my weatherstrip and they already popped off the rear window. I looked at the factory slider and the outward aluminum perimeter pinches into a thin groove.....the approximate thickness of a pane of glass! So i'm not sure what the deal is with the thicker-edged factory slider :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

Carry on...

Thought I would try to keep this all in one thread, but as an FYI I wanted to confirm something for the next person, especially since both Steele and Rubber the Right Way have updated/changed their websites to be less specific/informative.

I haven't installed it yet, but it appears the master weather-strip kit from RTRW for 1980-86 Ford Trucks will NOT kit a rear factory slider from 1980 or 1981 with the aluminum frame (I expected this). I am making an assumption that the wide gap faces outward into the cab frame with the longer lip on the exterior. this means the inward facing slit/gap is for the window, and is barely thinker than a normal pane of glass.

I may be eating my words. I stopped by the shop to drop off my weatherstrip and they already popped off the rear window. I looked at the factory slider and the outward aluminum perimeter pinches into a thin groove.....the approximate thickness of a pane of glass! So i'm not sure what the deal is with the thicker-edged factory slider http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/head-slap-23_orig.gif

Carry on...

Forgot to grab this photo the other day.

Here is one from a later year that uses the thicker groove:

IMG_20210225_104702.thumb.jpg.6df2c3a89e29a08d12058218528b4368.jpg