Bullnose Forums

Lund Visor - Oregon

What are folks thoughts on these? You have to drill holes through your cab roof right? So then wont that leak (potentially)? Would these look good on an F250 4x4? Sometimes I have to check myself - not all accessories culminate in a positive overall end result/look!

What are folks thoughts on these? You have to drill holes through your cab roof right? So then wont that leak (potentially)? Would these look good on an F250 4x4? Sometimes I have to check myself - not all accessories culminate in a positive overall end result/look!

My riding compadres call that the"BMW FARKLE Effect"

(Fancy Accessory, Really Kool, Likely Expensive- or for the less cynical Functional spARKLE)

I have to admit, I think those visors still have an 80's mystique that compliments our generation (of trucks).

I kinda like them. Have thought about picking one up, but just don't know that I want to drill those holes you mentioned. Maybe when I get everything done on Big Blue and Dad's truck I'll think about it. Or, maybe for a Bronco, which I still hope to acquire some day.

I kinda like them. Have thought about picking one up, but just don't know that I want to drill those holes you mentioned. Maybe when I get everything done on Big Blue and Dad's truck I'll think about it. Or, maybe for a Bronco, which I still hope to acquire some day.

I think it would be great on a Bronco, but I don't want to drill holes either. I can't see 3M VHB holding it on very well!

I like them on 4x4 trucks that sit a little higher. Wouldn't mind putting one on someday but am not sure how they work with the clearance lights.

For anyone thinking about it I would highly recommend rivet nuts. Used those for my clearance lights (truck didn't come with them originally) and made for a nice clean install.

I really like these, and have acquired a couple of them. I have not heard of leaks, but I have heard complaints of rattles if not secured tightly enough. I considered welding studs to the cab instead of drilling holes, but the usual technique of stout sheet metal screws and silicone sealant seems to hold just fine in the junkyard examples when I removed them. They were tightly in place and did not have rust in the holes. Scott, there is no interference with the stock cab clearance lights. I am not a big fan of drilling holes, but I like them enough to say it’s worth it since I would always like to have one on each of my trucks when finished. The holes could always be welded closed to repair them if you did happen to change your mind. I think the hat brim look lends a lot of character and harkens back to the antique era when many cars came with exterior visors.

8B5EE49F-6C7D-4B73-9129-8FF5AE575913.thumb.jpeg.2c5064a31b5f5871c92f2b4c6b0950f3.jpeg

I really like these, and have acquired a couple of them. I have not heard of leaks, but I have heard complaints of rattles if not secured tightly enough. I considered welding studs to the cab instead of drilling holes, but the usual technique of stout sheet metal screws and silicone sealant seems to hold just fine in the junkyard examples when I removed them. They were tightly in place and did not have rust in the holes. Scott, there is no interference with the stock cab clearance lights. I am not a big fan of drilling holes, but I like them enough to say it’s worth it since I would always like to have one on each of my trucks when finished. The holes could always be welded closed to repair them if you did happen to change your mind. I think the hat brim look lends a lot of character and harkens back to the antique era when many cars came with exterior visors.

I put a visor on a truck I had back in the mid 90s and really liked the look. Never had any problems with leakage or rust. I do however strongly advise against using an impact or anything other than hand tools to put the screws in. Like a fool I didn't pay attention to the warning about that on the instructions, I drove the screws in with an air gun and about a week later had to pull over on the expressway to pull the whole thing off cause it was about to take off like a kite. Got slightly bigger screws and siliconed each one and torqued by hand and never had a problem again.

Great to know on the clearance lights. Thanks!