Bullnose Forums

Get-Together: September 16th - Be There!

Well you may be talking about me. If so glad to get the invite and to put your flyer in the window. I am going to try my best to get that Saturday off and bring the old 93 dually along. Enjoyed talking to you as well!

DeWayne - If that is how you spell your name. This is the thread you are looking for: http://bullnose-enthusiasts.12971.n8.nabble.com/WHYDTYTT-What-Have-You-Done-To-Your-Truck-Today-tp148p453.html. :nabble_anim_handshake:

So glad you joined! And I hope you can get off and come.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you I spell it this way DeWayne

:nabble_smiley_tongue:

Da plane!!! Da plane!!!

Ok, today's question is whether to have prizes for the "show". Bruno2, aka The Mute as he hasn't posted here after signing up, says we need prizes. Which means we need categories. So, what categories should we have? I'm totally new to this. Here's a stab, out of the blue:

• Stock: The closest to stock that shows up. But, to be fair, do we need to give a year range? In other words, a showroom-new 2017 is likely to win that one easily. However, I think the intent is to go back several years where most trucks would have been modified in some way.

• People's Favorite: Let the people vote.

• Best Paint

• Best Engine

For background I contacted the host of a car show in my home town, and here's what they have:

• Open Class

• Pre '49

• Post '49 (Hmmm, so you can't have a '49 in their show? :nabble_anim_crazy:

• Mopar: Obviously we don't need no SuperBees

• Chevy: Nope, don't need no French Fries

• Under 21: Intended for the driver, not the vehicle

• Best Paint

• Best Engine: Bruno2 says the engine has to be installed

• Unfinished: Bruno2 says that applies to all our trucks!

So, what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, today's question is whether to have prizes for the "show". Bruno2, aka The Mute as he hasn't posted here after signing up, says we need prizes. Which means we need categories. So, what categories should we have? I'm totally new to this. Here's a stab, out of the blue:

• Stock: The closest to stock that shows up. But, to be fair, do we need to give a year range? In other words, a showroom-new 2017 is likely to win that one easily. However, I think the intent is to go back several years where most trucks would have been modified in some way.

• People's Favorite: Let the people vote.

• Best Paint

• Best Engine

For background I contacted the host of a car show in my home town, and here's what they have:

• Open Class

• Pre '49

• Post '49 (Hmmm, so you can't have a '49 in their show? :nabble_anim_crazy:

• Mopar: Obviously we don't need no SuperBees

• Chevy: Nope, don't need no French Fries

• Under 21: Intended for the driver, not the vehicle

• Best Paint

• Best Engine: Bruno2 says the engine has to be installed

• Unfinished: Bruno2 says that applies to all our trucks!

So, what do you think?

You'se guys have given me so much input on the show classes that I'm confused! :nabble_anim_blbl:

Luckily Chris/MotorsportXLS emailed me and offered to help, so we've worked it a bit behind the scenes. But I need to nail it down ASAP 'cause I need to have the trophies made. (The ones I have picked out are similar to the one below, and will have the name of the show and the class engraved on it.) So, here is what I'm thinking about, but want your opinions.

• Furthest Distance Driven

• People's Favorite

• Best Paint

• Best Engine (Must be installed)

• Closest To Stock (Pre-2000)

• Best Upgrades (Modifications?)

We need to think about this in light of the folks that will be there. I'm pretty sure that the guy with the 1940 pickup will have it there, and maybe the 1955. I haven't heard about any from the 60's or 70's, but there will be several of our Bullnoses there. DeWayne should be there with his '93, and I'll have my 2015 there and am pretty sure there will be some 2017's there. So we need classes that allow everyone a chance to win. Do these do that?

Winged_Wheel_Trophy_on_Marble_Wood_Base.jpg.90178273fb5dd04bf2f1a6d20f53890e.jpg

You'se guys have given me so much input on the show classes that I'm confused! :nabble_anim_blbl:

Luckily Chris/MotorsportXLS emailed me and offered to help, so we've worked it a bit behind the scenes. But I need to nail it down ASAP 'cause I need to have the trophies made. (The ones I have picked out are similar to the one below, and will have the name of the show and the class engraved on it.) So, here is what I'm thinking about, but want your opinions.

• Furthest Distance Driven

• People's Favorite

• Best Paint

• Best Engine (Must be installed)

• Closest To Stock (Pre-2000)

• Best Upgrades (Modifications?)

We need to think about this in light of the folks that will be there. I'm pretty sure that the guy with the 1940 pickup will have it there, and maybe the 1955. I haven't heard about any from the 60's or 70's, but there will be several of our Bullnoses there. DeWayne should be there with his '93, and I'll have my 2015 there and am pretty sure there will be some 2017's there. So we need classes that allow everyone a chance to win. Do these do that?

Gary, this is a tough show to judge just because of the wide variety. It is hard to compare old and new, but I think you have found some categories that are versatile and will give everyone a chance. 🙂

Gary, this is a tough show to judge just because of the wide variety. It is hard to compare old and new, but I think you have found some categories that are versatile and will give everyone a chance. 🙂

Thanks, Jonathan.

I should have added that I believe Paul/Rogue_Wulff will be there with his Cummins-powered 1980 Explorer, so he would be one for the Best Modification category.

And, that brings me to another question: Who judges? I had thought we'd give the viewers ballots with the categories on them, and let them write the # of the truck they vote for in the category. But, do we have a judging panel that has some criteria and only let the viewers vote on the People's Favorite?

Thanks, Jonathan.

I should have added that I believe Paul/Rogue_Wulff will be there with his Cummins-powered 1980 Explorer, so he would be one for the Best Modification category.

And, that brings me to another question: Who judges? I had thought we'd give the viewers ballots with the categories on them, and let them write the # of the truck they vote for in the category. But, do we have a judging panel that has some criteria and only let the viewers vote on the People's Favorite?

Gary, I know nothing about shows or judging. I guess from my uninformed perspective I would open it up to public vote just like the people's favorite, but if we have a panel of guys who know how to properly score or evaluate the entrants on a professional level that would be neat to see what they come up with. I think the people's vote will be more subjective and perhaps prone to bias as far as personal taste, but is going to be hard to get away from that regardless just because of the one size fits all entry category of "Ford".

Gary, I know nothing about shows or judging. I guess from my uninformed perspective I would open it up to public vote just like the people's favorite, but if we have a panel of guys who know how to properly score or evaluate the entrants on a professional level that would be neat to see what they come up with. I think the people's vote will be more subjective and perhaps prone to bias as far as personal taste, but is going to be hard to get away from that regardless just because of the one size fits all entry category of "Ford".

That's pretty much my thinking as well. Perhaps as this thing grows we could get a panel of judges, but probably not this round. Thanks!