Bullnose Forums

Literature Wish List?

A gentleman by the name of Clifton contacted me to see if I wanted a couple of books to put on the site. I certainly accepted and he's shipped them, but he also asked if we have a literature wish list as he frequently finds Ford lit.

So this thread is to create that list. Please chime in with things we are missing but should have. And note that I have a lot of things "on the shelf" that I've not added, like all of the "other" EVTMs, so I won't add things I already have to the list.

I've created an Excel spreadsheet and put it here so the list will be evergreen and ever present.

Not that it is a need but I have an original “Fourwheeling with Ford” owners guide and “1984 f150-350” owners guide as well if that’s something you’d be interested in putting up? I also have access to a very good scanner/copier at my church so I could scan them and put them into a pdf or different format that would suit you best?

I have ALL of the original paperwork for my Bullnose including the original bill of sale, warranty info, etc. Even the original sleeve in came in from the dealer. So if someone is looking for stuff like that I most likely have it.

Not that it is a need but I have an original “Fourwheeling with Ford” owners guide and “1984 f150-350” owners guide as well if that’s something you’d be interested in putting up? I also have access to a very good scanner/copier at my church so I could scan them and put them into a pdf or different format that would suit you best?

I have ALL of the original paperwork for my Bullnose including the original bill of sale, warranty info, etc. Even the original sleeve in came in from the dealer. So if someone is looking for stuff like that I most likely have it.

I have the 1980 Four Wheeling With Ford brochure. What year is yours? If other than '80 I would like to have a copy. If you can scan it cleanly at 300 dpi that would work. But you'll probably have to share it with me via a cloud drive as it will be large.

Is the owner's guide the owner's manual? A good scan of that would be helpful as well.

I have the 1980 Four Wheeling With Ford brochure. What year is yours? If other than '80 I would like to have a copy. If you can scan it cleanly at 300 dpi that would work. But you'll probably have to share it with me via a cloud drive as it will be large.

Is the owner's guide the owner's manual? A good scan of that would be helpful as well.

The Four Wheeling with Ford is the February 1984 print. I have the 220 page owners guide and also the “operating guide” (brochure).

I’ll double check and make sure I can scan it the way you need it with what I’ve got. Hopefully it’ll work out!

The Four Wheeling with Ford is the February 1984 print. I have the 220 page owners guide and also the “operating guide” (brochure).

I’ll double check and make sure I can scan it the way you need it with what I’ve got. Hopefully it’ll work out!

Gary, I forgot to mention I have an owners guide for the 1982 and 1985 year models F100-F350 as well.

Gary, I forgot to mention I have an owners guide for the 1982 and 1985 year models F100-F350 as well.

Would love any/all of those. But, I'm sorry to say that I really like things scanned well as I want the site to look good. Having said that, I've also realized that 300 dpi is the sweet spot. I have some scanned at 600 dpi and they not only take longer to load, the first page comes out fuzzy due to some compression that the site tries to apply. But not at 300.

Another reason is that I then run the files through my optical character recognition software so instead of them just being pictures of letters, there are actual letters there that can be searched and copied. And 300 dpi OCR's much better than anything lower in resolution.

As for the owner's manuals, I really need to cut them apart to scan them as it is a whole bunch faster. However, most people don't want their manual's binding cut off, so I'm not sure what to do there. But we do need owner's manuals.

Suggestions, guys?

Would love any/all of those. But, I'm sorry to say that I really like things scanned well as I want the site to look good. Having said that, I've also realized that 300 dpi is the sweet spot. I have some scanned at 600 dpi and they not only take longer to load, the first page comes out fuzzy due to some compression that the site tries to apply. But not at 300.

Another reason is that I then run the files through my optical character recognition software so instead of them just being pictures of letters, there are actual letters there that can be searched and copied. And 300 dpi OCR's much better than anything lower in resolution.

As for the owner's manuals, I really need to cut them apart to scan them as it is a whole bunch faster. However, most people don't want their manual's binding cut off, so I'm not sure what to do there. But we do need owner's manuals.

Suggestions, guys?

Put them on the wish list :nabble_anim_working:

Put them on the wish list :nabble_anim_working:

Yep. Check out the first post now. I'm not done with the spreadsheet by any stretch, but I think this will be a good way to keep track of what we have and don't have. I'll work on it over the next few days as I get time and then let y'all know when it is done. Then, as we find things I'll add the check marks and we'll all know what we have and, therefore, what we are looking for.