Bullnose Forums

Spare tire holder

I had two of thes laying around but evidently they must be for F250/350 (?) I went to put one on my '81 F150 and it did not fit right. It holds the tire up but isn't anywhere close to right...
Ok thanks for checking.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Sunday, February 4, 2018 Ford F834 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I had two of thes laying around but evidently they must be for F250/350 (?) I went to put one on my '81 F150 and it did not fit right. It holds the tire up but isn't anywhere close to right...

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n6839/IMG_6417.jpg SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 SRW under construction-- 7.3 IDIT R&D 64mm intercooled turbo 150cc IP stage 1 cam main girdle 13" Southbend clutch ZF-5 + DNE2 overdrive 4.10 axle gears hydroboost brakes

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4 conversion-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, Gear Vendor OD in the works

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Spare-tire-holder-tp6829p6839.html

To unsubscribe from Spare tire holder, click here.

NAML

Jonathan, the length of the support bar is longer for the F250 and F350. I brought one of the shorter bars [F150] with me to the 2017 Garagemahal GTG. I believe I still have it.

To the OP, you can have the cross bar for free... just pay the freight.

• 2 weeks later...

Jonathan, the length of the support bar is longer for the F250 and F350. I brought one of the shorter bars [F150] with me to the 2017 Garagemahal GTG. I believe I still have it.

To the OP, you can have the cross bar for free... just pay the freight.

Jonathan - Look closely at yours and I think you'll find that they are marked E3TA-1448-AA. If so, they are for 1983+ trucks of all GVWR's.

David - I hate to burst your bubble, but with some sleuthing I think I've discovered that the spare tire carriers were divided on a year basis rather than GVWR basis. Check out the addition to this page: Exterior/Spare Tire Carriers. (Is "Exterior" where you'd expect to find a page on spare tire carriers? :nabble_smiley_sad:) And, even the smaller carrier fits Big Blue's original tire.

Randy - Unfortunately I don't think I have a spare tire carrier for you. I do have an extra, but from what I just figured out it is for a 1980 - 82 truck and yours is an '83. Perhaps Jonathan or David have one that'll fit?

Jonathan - Look closely at yours and I think you'll find that they are marked E3TA-1448-AA. If so, they are for 1983+ trucks of all GVWR's.David - I hate to burst your bubble, but with some sleuthing I think I've discovered that the spare tire carriers were divided on a year basis rather than GVWR basis. Check out the addition to this page: Exterior/Spare Tire Carriers. (Is "Exterior" where you'd expect to find a page on spare tire carriers? :nabble_smiley_sad:) And, even the smaller carrier fits Big Blue's original tire.Randy - Unfortunately I don't think I have a spare tire carrier for you. I do have an extra, but from what I just figured out it is for a 1980 - 82 truck and yours is an '83. Perhaps Jonathan or David have one that'll fit?
Ok Gary, Thanks for looking!

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Friday, February 16, 2018 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Jonathan - Look closely at yours and I think you'll find that they are marked E3TA-1448-AA.  If so, they are for 1983+ trucks of all GVWR's.

David - I hate to burst your bubble, but with some sleuthing I think I've discovered that the spare tire carriers were divided on a year basis rather than GVWR basis.  Check out the addition to this page: Exterior/Spare Tire Carriers.  (Is "Exterior" where you'd expect to find a page on spare tire carriers?  http://n8.nabble.com/images/smiley/smiley_sad.gif)  And, even the smaller carrier fits Big Blue's original tire.

Randy - Unfortunately I don't think I have a spare tire carrier for you.  I do have an extra, but from what I just figured out it is for a 1980 - 82 truck and yours is an '83.  Perhaps Jonathan or David have one that'll fit? Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Spare-tire-holder-tp6829p7386.html

To unsubscribe from Spare tire holder, click here.

NAML