Bullnose Forums

1986 Flareside 2wd with 27,000 original miles

That IS a nice truck. And I was loading up for a trip to get it when I saw the "Price is $15,000 OBO not 1500 please read description!" Not sure why he doesn't edit it, but anyway I'm unloading.

Seriously though, that's not a bad price for such a pristine truck.

That IS a nice truck. And I was loading up for a trip to get it when I saw the "Price is $15,000 OBO not 1500 please read description!" Not sure why he doesn't edit it, but anyway I'm unloading.

I always find it odd that sellers with Flaresides don't show pics of the inside of the bed. Good condition or not, it IS one of the more unique features of the truck imho.

Still, it looks to be in very nice condition, and it being white just makes it look even cleaner. I assume that it would have had letters on the tail gate originally, or no? Were they ever offered just plain like this one? I mean, my '84 was about as plain a truck as you could buy, and it still had letters on the gate. Repainted perhaps.

I always find it odd that sellers with Flaresides don't show pics of the inside of the bed. Good condition or not, it IS one of the more unique features of the truck imho.

Still, it looks to be in very nice condition, and it being white just makes it look even cleaner. I assume that it would have had letters on the tail gate originally, or no? Were they ever offered just plain like this one? I mean, my '84 was about as plain a truck as you could buy, and it still had letters on the gate. Repainted perhaps.

Yes the tailgate letters were the color of the interior... Look like a re-paint, bed color is off, look at the edges of the open hood, "whiter" than the original paint.......

Yes the tailgate letters were the color of the interior... Look like a re-paint, bed color is off, look at the edges of the open hood, "whiter" than the original paint.......

Is it just me, or does it look like that shift lever has been modified? It's definitely not one from a New Process, but even the Borg Warner levers had angles in them and this one looks basically straight.

Is it just me, or does it look like that shift lever has been modified? It's definitely not one from a New Process, but even the Borg Warner levers had angles in them and this one looks basically straight.

I think the 4spd OD trans shifters were basically straight, no? The earlier 4spd OD shifters were curved and were way back against the seat, but the later Tremec TOD ('85-'87) had a tower mounted shifter (like the M5OD) and had a really straight stick iirc.

Maybe David will see this and comment. I'm pretty sure he has a 4spd OD, and being an '86, it would have to be the Tremec trans.

I think the 4spd OD trans shifters were basically straight, no? The earlier 4spd OD shifters were curved and were way back against the seat, but the later Tremec TOD ('85-'87) had a tower mounted shifter (like the M5OD) and had a really straight stick iirc.

Maybe David will see this and comment. I'm pretty sure he has a 4spd OD, and being an '86, it would have to be the Tremec trans.

Good point, I forgot all about the OD trans.

The shifter is like the one in my truck.