Bullnose Forums

Unknown parts, in unmarked bags...

Sac79

That's true. That could be them as I remember thinking they didn't have much of a washer/flange on them considering they were up against plastic. -- Edit: scratch that plastic part. There were some other screws on my truck under the dash that were digging into the plastic.

Just dawned on me. Door handle bolts look like that also.

For what it's worth, the bolts for the lower dash support bars on either side of the A/C controls have been coated in blue threadlocker on every truck I've owned.

I'm thinking this seems likely. Or something around the dash.

Anyway, thank you for everyone's thoughts so far. You guys seem to congregate here between 9:30 and 10pm...

It's not the bolts for the door handles, those were used to mount the new handles, but similar size I think.

I was hoping the rubber ring would be familiar to someone, maybe it's not from my truck...:nabble_anim_confused:

For what it's worth, the bolts for the lower dash support bars on either side of the A/C controls have been coated in blue threadlocker on every truck I've owned.

I'm thinking this seems likely. Or something around the dash.

Anyway, thank you for everyone's thoughts so far. You guys seem to congregate here between 9:30 and 10pm...

It's not the bolts for the door handles, those were used to mount the new handles, but similar size I think.

I was hoping the rubber ring would be familiar to someone, maybe it's not from my truck...:nabble_anim_confused:

Oh, and for size reference, that's a quart size Ziploc bag on a HF chair.

You think 5 years is bad, I took my 1985 konvertible apart in 2009 after it was totaled. I started putting the 1986 replacement together last year.

I've pulled a few bullnose trucks completely apart now, and have never seen that rubber grommet.

You think 5 years is bad, I took my 1985 konvertible apart in 2009 after it was totaled. I started putting the 1986 replacement together last year.

Hopefully you were smarter than me with your labeling... How is it going?

I've pulled a few bullnose trucks completely apart now, and have never seen that rubber grommet.

I guess we'll find out at some point. If it's still sitting to the side when the truck is running then we can assume it's an interloper...