Bullnose Forums

Unknown parts, in unmarked bags...

Sac79

So I guess when I took the truck apart almost 5 years ago now I thought this would be obvious and did not bother marking the bag... Any ideas what it is or where it goes?:nabble_anim_confused:

IMG_3488.jpg.0774c2e6806538a9f8b0232b66294a86.jpg

And then does anyone know what this clip on the transfer case lever is for?

IMG_3484.jpg.cb3620b454beab7c35d79a810eb01cd1.jpg

I have a few more unmarked bags(what a rookie) and I'll no doubt be asking for help again at some point. I thought I was doing a pretty good job of disassembly at the time, but I guess I wasn't considering that I might not touch anything again for 4 years...

So I guess when I took the truck apart almost 5 years ago now I thought this would be obvious and did not bother marking the bag... Any ideas what it is or where it goes?:nabble_anim_confused:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n53368/IMG_3488.jpg

Are you asking about that round rubber thing, or the bolts? Or both?..:nabble_smiley_grin:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n53368/IMG_3488.jpg

Are you asking about that round rubber thing, or the bolts? Or both?..:nabble_smiley_grin:

The clip on the transfer case lever is for the transfer case vent tube, if so equipped. Some trucks have those little vent caps and no tube.

The clip on the transfer case lever is for the transfer case vent tube, if so equipped. Some trucks have those little vent caps and no tube.

Thanks Shaun, I thought that was it, but my tube wouldn't reach and I was wondering where it was suppose to go. I'll get a new longer piece...

Both... It was in the same bag. I assume they are related, but I did fill other bags with unrelated parts, so...

I don't know what that rubber part is...

The larger two bolts look like engine block bolts to me. Look at the bolts that attach your engine mounts to the block. Do you have any parts or brackets or mounts left that need to be attached to the engine?

The smaller screws look like the ones that are used where the core support bolts to the front fenders, or are used in the brackets between the core support and front fenders (where the hood bumpers are).

Just guessing...

The larger two bolts look like engine block bolts to me. Look at the bolts that attach your engine mounts to the block. Do you have any parts or brackets or mounts left that need to be attached to the engine?

The smaller screws look like the ones that are used where the core support bolts to the front fenders, or are used in the brackets between the core support and front fenders (where the hood bumpers are).

Just guessing...

You can go here (Documentation/Fasteners/Fenders & Aprons) and see the ones Cory is talking about. And you can click on the box surrounding their part number and be taken to a pic.

Just guessing...

I think they look bigger than they are.

The smaller ones look like m4's and close to the fuel door bolts. The fender ones to core support are m6's. My scale judgment could be off though :nabble_smiley_beam:

The others look pretty close to the fuel pump block off plate. The plate may not be applicable to your setup though. Trying to think of anywhere else that would have the thread sealant/lock on it. Thermostat housing?

I can't place the rubber thing. Looks like something used to seal two interlocking pieces of a fresh air tube but I am not sure if any of these truck had round ones. I don't know the motors in that detail besides the 460.

I think they look bigger than they are.

The smaller ones look like m4's and close to the fuel door bolts. The fender ones to core support are m6's. My scale judgment could be off though :nabble_smiley_beam:

The others look pretty close to the fuel pump block off plate. The plate may not be applicable to your setup though. Trying to think of anywhere else that would have the thread sealant/lock on it. Thermostat housing?

I can't place the rubber thing. Looks like something used to seal two interlocking pieces of a fresh air tube but I am not sure if any of these truck had round ones. I don't know the motors in that detail besides the 460.

For what it's worth, the bolts for the lower dash support bars on either side of the A/C controls have been coated in blue threadlocker on every truck I've owned.

For what it's worth, the bolts for the lower dash support bars on either side of the A/C controls have been coated in blue threadlocker on every truck I've owned.

That's true. That could be them as I remember thinking they didn't have much of a washer/flange on them considering they were up against plastic. -- Edit: scratch that plastic part. There were some other screws on my truck under the dash that were digging into the plastic.