Bullnose Forums

Cab and doors [unusual; many good OEM parts]

I missed that, but I see what you are saying. Doesn't say it is special.

What would be interesting is if somebody ran a CarFax on it to see if it was ever registered. If it wasn't, then I'd say the test story might be legit. Still...with only 12 miles on the odo, it likely did sit forever...or at least the cab did.

The firewall area is shiny clean, and look at things like the wiper motor and the exhaust heat shield...all look brand new. It certainly doesn't look like it was ever on the road...at least not in Michigan anyway...lol.

I missed that, but I see what you are saying. Doesn't say it is special.

What would be interesting is if somebody ran a CarFax on it to see if it was ever registered. If it wasn't, then I'd say the test story might be legit. Still...with only 12 miles on the odo, it likely did sit forever...or at least the cab did.

The firewall area is shiny clean, and look at things like the wiper motor and the exhaust heat shield...all look brand new. It certainly doesn't look like it was ever on the road...at least not in Michigan anyway...lol.

Look at the brake and clutch pads... no wear.

Look at the brake and clutch pads... no wear.

I had an opportunity to ask a former Ford employee if this cab in this advertisement could have been used in a test? Here is what he had to say:

"That absolutely could be true. Some vehicles spend their entire life in a lab somewhere. My son bought an all-electric Fusion that he found out was previously owned by FoMoCo."

"There are lots of conditions placed on test car resale. For example, if anybody ever drilled hole(s) in the frame then it cannot be sold - it must be crushed. Some bodies are supposed to get scrapped but less-than-honest recyclers sometimes sell them off. It's risky - but very profitable."

Still not a definitive answer, but provides some insight.