Bullnose Forums

1982 F150 XLS Flareside in Spokane WA only $2000 obo

I promise I’ll be posting more pictures when I pick up the truck! I will also decode the door tag when I get the picture. Very close friends of mine are holding onto it until I finish this semester of college! I have been looking for this truck since I was 16. It is a 302 4 speed O/D. I don’t know if it’s the SMOD or SROD. Like I said, I will be posting an update of the specs I have when I get some more pics. Here are some other pics of the truck. It is a tilt wheel truck without cruise. Of course the XLS bezels are missing :nabble_smiley_angry:, but I have the correct bezels for it. It will be a decent and fun project to complete after I finish college. I have been collecting NOS XLS pieces since I was 16, and it’s exciting that a real XLS will get them! Sorry the pics aren’t the best! I will be creating a new thread with way better pictures when I finally pick up the truck! Also before any one asks, yes the blue wheels are going to be the first to go! :nabble_smiley_wink:

IMG_0102.thumb.jpeg.99a2ed459a619281219be1287573731e.jpeg

IMG_0107.thumb.jpeg.c0cf6d3972f13ab4c3350d4e768ad9ea.jpeg

IMG_0106.thumb.jpeg.a91f7107a576fe619ce9e28a78caf9d0.jpeg

IMG_0108.thumb.jpeg.7fa1dc9fd8a96f569bebfe7f8458c51b.jpeg

IMG_0115.thumb.jpeg.57201af6b1d97ffa36f1bdcd071756d0.jpeg

IMG_0112.thumb.jpeg.cbdc3519cd5f1fa19d6cc50010b95575.jpeg

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I know you are EXCITED, and I don't blame you. We were all hoping that someone like you would buy it, and to have a member on here be the one is wonderful.

I'm looking forward to following its reintrucknation. :nabble_smiley_wink:

When do you graduate? IOW, when might this start?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I know you are EXCITED, and I don't blame you. We were all hoping that someone like you would buy it, and to have a member on here be the one is wonderful.

I'm looking forward to following its reintrucknation. :nabble_smiley_wink:

When do you graduate? IOW, when might this start?

Well the goal is to start do the "correct restoration" in 4 years. This summer I am going to experiment with trying to bring back the black bezels and mirrors.

Well the goal is to start do the "correct restoration" in 4 years. This summer I am going to experiment with trying to bring back the black bezels and mirrors.

Outstanding! This is great news. Congrats Chris!

I was so hoping that somebody that cared about the XLS got this truck. It certainly appeared to be pretty well intact, and was very reasonably priced too. If it had been closer to me or if I had had a friend in eastern Washington, I would have purchased it myself sight unseen.

Although I'm constantly scanning the internet for this stuff, I came across this truck by accident. There is another Flareside for sale in Spokane (on CL) that appears that it might be a Freewheelin' truck, but the "Reply" button doesn't work for me, so I then checked FB Marketplace to see if it was cross listed, and found this XLS.

I am so happy that you got the truck being the XLS fan that you are. That is so cool.

Paint the wheels silver again and the center caps black, and she'll look like she's all original.

Odd that somebody pulled the bezels though huh? I wonder why? Sold them on Ebay I suppose.

Can't wait to see and hear more about this truck.

Sounds like a Marti Report might be order as well;).

Congrats!

Chris - Four years will let you think through the approach you want to take very carefully. And the approach makes all the difference.

My suggestion is to create a Word document that sets out your goal for the truck and then gets into the approach. It doesn't have to be nearly as elaborate or detailed as I've done with Dad's truck or Big Blue's Transformation, but if you embed it in your to-be thread on the truck the rest of us can review it and offer suggestions. And there's a LOT of experience on here that could surely help. And, with it embedded your changes show up.

Plus, it gives you a check list that can help you focus. And, it gives you a sense of accomplishment when you check things off.

Chris - Four years will let you think through the approach you want to take very carefully. And the approach makes all the difference.

My suggestion is to create a Word document that sets out your goal for the truck and then gets into the approach. It doesn't have to be nearly as elaborate or detailed as I've done with Dad's truck or Big Blue's Transformation, but if you embed it in your to-be thread on the truck the rest of us can review it and offer suggestions. And there's a LOT of experience on here that could surely help. And, with it embedded your changes show up.

Plus, it gives you a check list that can help you focus. And, it gives you a sense of accomplishment when you check things off.

Awesome! Great find and buy!