Bullnose Forums

Timing

Yes the deep notch.
Update... zero fuel coming from 6 mo. Old fuel pump. Heading to O'riellys in the morning to take advantage of that lifetime warranty lol

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 PetesPonies [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Yes the deep notch. Pete's Ponies

Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside

1983 Bronco

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6667.html

To unsubscribe from Timing, click here.

NAML

Did you see the picture link I posted?
Yes I did but I don't have mine exposed, I thought you were talking about the keynotch on the pulley with the timing marks on it as it has a big notch in it about 3/4 opposite of the timing marks. I'm getting ready to put new fuel pump on after I check the inline filter on the frame and make sure someone hasn't siphoned me dry of fuel. I should say check the tank side of the hose to see if there's fuel present. Currently I'm just getting a gas odor and no liquid. Thanks for checking back! 

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device

Sent: February 3, 2018 11:22 AM
To: redacted_email_address
Subject: Re: Timing

Did you see the picture link I posted? Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside

1983 Bronco

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6800.html

NAML

The keyway, it's how the damper mounts. You don't need to remove the damper to see it.
Ok .....she's running now, I had it close on timing the first go round. Somebody drained my gas tank!!! 😤 Sounds so much better now,smooth and steady. Now to block off the annoying sound coming off the exhaust where the smog hoses were. Then fiddle with the carb a little,not much though I'm not used to it starting after a couple of cranks and not dying 2 seconds later! 

Thanks for all your help Pete!

Sent: February 3, 2018 4:41 PM

The keyway, it's how the damper mounts. You don't need to remove the damper to see it. Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside

1983 Bronco

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6813.html

NAML

Congrat's!! Did you get the power valve connected to manifold vacuum?On the exhaust, if you still have the tubes sticking up where the hoses went on you can bend the tube over and crimp them. Works well.
Thanks Gary!  Yes she's running and I did get the power valve hooked up to main vac. Thanks for the info on the metal pipes sticking up, I'll do that monday and go get gas! Thanks for all your help!!! 😀 

Sent: February 3, 2018 6:15 PM

Congrat's!!  Did you get the power valve connected to manifold vacuum?

On the exhaust, if you still have the tubes sticking up where the hoses went on you can bend the tube over and crimp them.  Works well. Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6818.html

NAML

Congrat's!! Did you get the power valve connected to manifold vacuum?On the exhaust, if you still have the tubes sticking up where the hoses went on you can bend the tube over and crimp them. Works well.
Old breather housing is a little bit big for the 2150 is there any kind of adapter to make it fit abit more snug or do I sell my original and look for a late 70s early 80s housing? Thanks Randy 

On Feb 3, 2018 6:15 PM, "Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts]" <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I have the air cleaner part numbers listed here (Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners/Air Cleaner Housing #'s), and if you look at E0PZ 9600-A you'll see that it fits a 2bbl, 4bbl, and the VV carb. So all had the same opening diameter. In other words, you air cleaner should be the right size.
Ok, I haven't tried it yet I was just going by the little gasket that sits on top of the carb and the one for the 2150 is about 1/2" smaller in diameter so I assumed the housing itself was larger. That's Great news though because OEM's from that Era are rusty and expensive! 

Thanks so much ☺

Sent: February 5, 2018 3:59 PM

I have the air cleaner part numbers listed here (Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners/Air Cleaner Housing #'s), and if you look at E0PZ 9600-A you'll see that it fits a 2bbl, 4bbl, and the VV carb.  So all had the same opening diameter.  In other words, you air cleaner should be the right size. Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6917.html

NAML