Bullnose Forums

Timing

Hey gang I just installed a Chinese dizzy and new carburetor "2150" to replace a 7200VV carb and dizzy. Here's the question, it had a crank shaft sensor instead of a pointer like on normal engines. Upon setting the timing to the best of my limited ability with some assistance from a neighbor holding his finger on #1 plug hole to find or get close to TDC it would spit through the carb about every other revolution imo. Since I'm sure I'm not 180 out on the timing and can't get it to start. I stand at the mercy of the brilliant minds here to take a moment to put yourself in my position. What would you do? Thanks in advance Beaglerock

Put a small piece of toilet paper in the hole and turn the engine over with a ratchet. When it shoots out, you are close to TDC. Look at the keyway on the damper/crankshaft. It should be straight up when TDC. Move the engine slightly, either way, to get the keyway at 12:00. You know have TDC.

Put a small piece of toilet paper in the hole and turn the engine over with a ratchet. When it shoots out, you are close to TDC. Look at the keyway on the damper/crankshaft. It should be straight up when TDC. Move the engine slightly, either way, to get the keyway at 12:00. You know have TDC.
Are you referring to that deep notch Pete?

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device

Sent: January 31, 2018 7:17 PM
To: redacted_email_address
Subject: Re: Timing

Put a small piece of toilet paper in the hole and turn the engine over with a ratchet. When it shoots out, you are close to TDC. Look at the keyway on the damper/crankshaft. It should be straight up when TDC. Move the engine slightly, either way, to get the keyway at 12:00. You know have TDC. Pete's Ponies

Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside

1983 Bronco

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6661.html

To unsubscribe from Timing, click here.

NAML

Ok Thank you very very much because I was at a loss in my brain as well as the so called neighbor mechanic that's rebuilt many chevys lol

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 PetesPonies [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Put a small piece of toilet paper in the hole and turn the engine over with a ratchet. When it shoots out, you are close to TDC. Look at the keyway on the damper/crankshaft. It should be straight up when TDC. Move the engine slightly, either way, to get the keyway at 12:00. You know have TDC. Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside

1983 Bronco

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6661.html

NAML

Make sure your neighbor "mechanic" knows two things about a Ford, #1 cylinder is front passenger side and cyls. are numbered 1-4 on passenger side and 5-8 on driver side, also firing order is 15486372 on 302 and 13726548 on 351.
Exactly 👌

Sent: January 31, 2018 7:53 PM

Make sure your neighbor "mechanic" knows two things about a Ford, #1 cylinder is front passenger side and cyls. are numbered 1-4 on passenger side and 5-8 on driver side, also firing order is 15486372 on 302 and 13726548 on 351. "Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional"

Darth Vader 1986 F-350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator

Wife's 2011 Flex Limited

Daily Driver 1994 Taurus LX

Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6664.html

NAML

The crankshaft sensor went to the computer, which you've now neutered. If I remember correctly you have to change the timing cover to get a proper pointer. But, I've seen ghetto pointers made by capturing a piece of wire under a bolt and bending it to point at 0 when at T

"New" 2150?

Yes the deep notch.
👍

Sent: January 31, 2018 9:50 PM

Yes the deep notch. Pete's Ponies

1982 F100 Flareside

1983 Bronco

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6667.html

NAML

The crankshaft sensor went to the computer, which you've now neutered. If I remember correctly you have to change the timing cover to get a proper pointer. But, I've seen ghetto pointers made by capturing a piece of wire under a bolt and bending it to point at 0 when at T"New" 2150?
Yep computer gone ,smog pump and lots of vacuum hoses. Which BTW a certain 2150 carb has a port on the power valve and I haven't a clue where it should go. Any idea 💡

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

The crankshaft sensor went to the computer, which you've now neutered.  If I remember correctly you have to change the timing cover to get a proper pointer.  But, I've seen ghetto pointers made by capturing a piece of wire under a bolt and bending it to point at 0 when at TDC. Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches

Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Timing-tp6660p6668.html

NAML