Bullnose Forums

Got this dash at the junk yard - not too shabby. How can I save it?

66gtk

I bought this with the intention of putting a coverlay plastic topper on it. The one on my truck is much worse and had the plastic topper thing and it was terrible. All warped. I finally ripped it all off. what was underneath was nasty.

I'm hesitant to do the coverlay thing again. The last one failed. It was in AZ outside for years though. Now the truck is garaged in MN.

There is a golf ball sized hole in the usual place. The rest is pretty good. Is there a way to save this and repair it in an economical way?

IMG_20200309_214005327.jpg.97900ca9daf63dc13ac5a521b49d681c.jpg

IMG_20200309_213947274.thumb.jpg.70bf17c20a2781b9439018cf3ab54f17.jpg

I guess I could also try putting another cover on this mess and save the better dash pad for a resto?

Pretty gross

IMG_20200309_213839520.jpg.62d2efb36099521b2ff6fc3959abd6da.jpg

I've had good luck with the Coverlay covers. In fact, I have one I'm going to put on Big Blue. But you have a point about the base over which they go. I wonder if it would be good to coat the cracked one with something before gluing on the cover?

Dave has tried various things, so maybe he has some ideas?

I've had good luck with the Coverlay covers. In fact, I have one I'm going to put on Big Blue. But you have a point about the base over which they go. I wonder if it would be good to coat the cracked one with something before gluing on the cover?

Dave has tried various things, so maybe he has some ideas?

Mine is not near as bad as that, maybe?:nabble_anim_confused: There again it wasn't an AZ truck. Any way a member on here has a dash pad patch that may be just perfect for the pad you got from the salvage yard. My dash pad needs way more than the speaker hole patch at this time.

Any way a member on here has a dash pad patch that may be just perfect for the pad you got from the salvage yard.

Yes! I meant to mention that. :nabble_smiley_blush:

That's Ron/reamer. You could email him.

You are too modest Mr. Lewis... I seem to recall that you had a hand in the design of the speaker repair patch! :nabble_smiley_wink: