Bullnose Forums

Front Suspension and steering Upgrades

Anybody ever cut off the Twin I beam and installed a late model ford truck front suspension?

I really want a coyote swap, but I cant justify it with the very poor handling of the stock suspension. A fast bullnose without suspension upgrades sounds like a bad idea.

Anybody ever cut off the Twin I beam and installed a late model ford truck front suspension?

I really want a coyote swap, but I cant justify it with the very poor handling of the stock suspension. A fast bullnose without suspension upgrades sounds like a bad idea.

I've seen lots of CV swaps on 2wd trucks, but the front end swaps on the 4x4's always seems to be SAS, which probably makes them handle even worse...lol.

Oh...and since you mentioned steering...

I can't wait for somebody to fabricate a rack and pinion steering kit. I'd be on that like white on rice.

Id be happier than a tornado in a trailer park.

What about a 119" wheelbase late model ford expedition chassis swap? In other words, put a bullnose body on an expedition. Get the latest 5.4 with the 6 speed?

What about a 119" wheelbase late model ford expedition chassis swap? In other words, put a bullnose body on an expedition. Get the latest 5.4 with the 6 speed?

I think the flareside is 116" right? So, either section the frame of an expedition, or extend the bed 3 inches....

Ok. So 2" Id have to hide, assuming I could get the cab sitting in a happy place without interference of the engine and tranny and tcase.

So, in the spirit of keeping it ford, I could possible upgrade the suspension with an expedition chassis.

Then later, swap in a 5.0L coyote.

You know what Gary, I thought about an ecoboost expedition....but....its a 6 cylinder. Turbos or not, hp and torque or not, if I am going through the trouble of upgrading chassis and driveline, I want a V8 sound.

I am an ecoboost believer. But...why not ecoboost the 5.0?