Bullnose Forums

Bricknose vs. Bullnose floor pan?

Howdy, we have some cracks starting in the floor plan of our bullnose at the (poorly - fab'd) seat mounts. We've got a Bricknose parts truck sitting out there where we could cut out sections of its floor plan and use it to reinforce the floor of the bullnose. Does anybody know if the floor changed between bullnose and bricknose?

The only change I’m aware of is in the 1990ish timeframe the transmission hump was extended back farther, apparently to accommodate the long E4OD. But otherwise I think they stayed the same.

Your cracking is exactly why I don’t recommend using any mounting points other than the factory ones for seats.

The only change I’m aware of is in the 1990ish timeframe the transmission hump was extended back farther, apparently to accommodate the long E4OD. But otherwise I think they stayed the same.

Your cracking is exactly why I don’t recommend using any mounting points other than the factory ones for seats.

Gary, FWIW, Darth's floor pan is in 3 sections, front, center and rear, front and rear are the same as a standard cab, the center is the 35" extension for the crew cab and the seat mounts on it are the same as the front mounts.

IMGP1114a.thumb.jpg.347e9e34b7d2c42b2478cf142490b3a4.jpg

IMGP1115.thumb.jpg.6e5b988399db19b966d33e81ed5d9084.jpg

IMGP1119.thumb.jpg.958f015d4ce8cf61c95b301bfa29ef9a.jpg

From these you can see (a) the height of the transmission cover, (b) how the crew cab floor is made and © that the back section is essentially a seat section and a standard cab back section.

This is how I was able to install rear outboard shoulder belts in Darth, the mounts and holes are there in the rear, just not tapped for the 7/16-20 bolts. I just needed two more standard cab outboard shoulder belt assemblies and the rear corner trim sections.

The E4OD cleared everything just fine, here it is with the cover removed.

IMGP1062.thumb.jpg.ca0f8417426df8bb265834a5c235fb00.jpg

Gary, FWIW, Darth's floor pan is in 3 sections, front, center and rear, front and rear are the same as a standard cab, the center is the 35" extension for the crew cab and the seat mounts on it are the same as the front mounts.

From these you can see (a) the height of the transmission cover, (b) how the crew cab floor is made and © that the back section is essentially a seat section and a standard cab back section.

This is how I was able to install rear outboard shoulder belts in Darth, the mounts and holes are there in the rear, just not tapped for the 7/16-20 bolts. I just needed two more standard cab outboard shoulder belt assemblies and the rear corner trim sections.

The E4OD cleared everything just fine, here it is with the cover removed.

Thanks, Bill. Good illustrations.

This makes me wonder if I need to do anything to accommodate the E4OD I have on standby.

This makes me wonder if I need to do anything to accommodate the E4OD I have on standby.

The issue I had with Dad's truck was that the t-case hit because the E4OD moved it back too far. But if yours is a 2wd then I don't think you'll have a problem. If you do, I have a solution. :nabble_smiley_wink:

The issue I had with Dad's truck was that the t-case hit because the E4OD moved it back too far. But if yours is a 2wd then I don't think you'll have a problem. If you do, I have a solution. :nabble_smiley_wink:

You do realize that a 2WD E4OD is only 3" longer than a 2WD C6.