Bullnose Forums

1985 F250 Oregon

Not bad for the price. But it seems strange to have a 302 w/an AOD in an F250.

Has the extremely rare to find side trim. And the A/C compressor is AWOL. Plus the right door panel appears to have been painted and is wearing off.

But overall, it is in good shape.

Not bad for the price. But it seems strange to have a 302 w/an AOD in an F250.

That's what mine had in it. The hub caps make it hard to tell but more than likely it has a semi-float Sterling, and the 302/AOD means it has a low GVWR (around 6200)

It also has the incorrect grille, the passenger side mirror head is 80-82, and 1985 trucks didn't have woodgrain on the door panels.

Has the extremely rare to find side trim.

I dunno Gary, I'm probably going to go against the grain here a bit, but that trim doesn't seem to be all that rare to me. I'm certainly no expert, but I find it does stand out, and it seems like there's a couple trucks posted every day in the Facebook groups with this trim. I'm sure it was rare compared to how many trucks were built overall, but of the Bullnoses left on the road today, there seems to be quite a few with it.

I do notice a lot more 85's and 86's being sold/purchased these days though...and maybe it's just because in the grand scheme of things, they're showing up in chronological order?...I dunno.

Has the extremely rare to find side trim.

I dunno Gary, I'm probably going to go against the grain here a bit, but that trim doesn't seem to be all that rare to me. I'm certainly no expert, but I find it does stand out, and it seems like there's a couple trucks posted every day in the Facebook groups with this trim. I'm sure it was rare compared to how many trucks were built overall, but of the Bullnoses left on the road today, there seems to be quite a few with it.

I do notice a lot more 85's and 86's being sold/purchased these days though...and maybe it's just because in the grand scheme of things, they're showing up in chronological order?...I dunno.

I meant that you can't find it for love nor money to replace it. Rick thinks he got the last set in captivity.

I meant that you can't find it for love nor money to replace it. Rick thinks he got the last set in captivity.

Oh ya, absolutely. Forget replacing/buying it. I just meant that I seem to see an awful lot of trucks with it is all.

Oh ya, absolutely. Forget replacing/buying it. I just meant that I seem to see an awful lot of trucks with it is all.

I thought it was odd to have a 302 and AOD in a F250, but didn’t know. Looks like at least some of the AC brackets are there.

Man, it’s neat to hear the wisdom on these trucks, especially if you’re looking to buy!

I thought it was odd to have a 302 and AOD in a F250, but didn’t know. Looks like at least some of the AC brackets are there.

Man, it’s neat to hear the wisdom on these trucks, especially if you’re looking to buy!

I want that side trim. I still don’t have a full set...

I want that side trim. I still don’t have a full set...

Something bugs me about the engine. This truck is listed as an 85, and there's a few things on it that say it's an 85 (molding, map pockets). But a 302 in 85 should have been EFI. I guess it's possible that was only a 1/2 ton thing in 1985, but my 86 F250 donor had EFI.

Something bugs me about the engine. This truck is listed as an 85, and there's a few things on it that say it's an 85 (molding, map pockets). But a 302 in 85 should have been EFI. I guess it's possible that was only a 1/2 ton thing in 1985, but my 86 F250 donor had EFI.

The 1985 F-Series brochure says the 5.0L EFI was "optional in F150 and F-250 models under 8500 GVWR."