Bullnose Forums

Shadow/Puddle Lights

For anyone who doesn't know what I'm refering to in the title, these are those little lights that turn on and display a picture/logo on the ground when you open the vehicle door.

Anyone ever install these on their trucks? I've always liked how they look on the Mustangs and Raptors, so I figured they'd look neat on these trucks as well.

Looks like aftermarket offers a host of different ones, wireless, led etc. I was thinking about ordering some factory ones for an Edge through work, looks like all that needs to be done is drilling a hole in the bottom of the door and they just pop into place, and then run a wire to the door jam switch (if I opt to hardware it, I'd rather not change batteries all the time). They ground through the mount.

If you any of you have, I'd love to see some installation pictures.

I think you're on the right path buying the ones from Ford. I had some Ford logo ones for my Ranger quite a few years ago, but I never installed them because I questioned the quality as they were only like $20.

Everything I have seen aftermarket has been very cheaply priced which made me question quality as well. After talking to a few friends that have those cheap ones they seem to be holding up well, but I would personally rather have Ford ones just to take that question right out of the equation.

Everything I have seen aftermarket has been very cheaply priced which made me question quality as well. After talking to a few friends that have those cheap ones they seem to be holding up well, but I would personally rather have Ford ones just to take that question right out of the equation.

Subscribed.

Interested to see what you end up doing here.

My explorer had factory puddle lights, no logo that came on when you unlocked the doors, but they were on the underside of the mirrors.

I looked at the mirror ones but there is no way to really make those work on the standard swing lock mirrors. That's kind of why I was opting to mount them in the doors.

I looked at the mirror ones but there is no way to really make those work on the standard swing lock mirrors. That's kind of why I was opting to mount them in the doors.

I've thought about doing that as well. I have some really thin LED lights that are surface mount with foam tape. I may put them on the bottom of the doors. There's just enough clearance between the door and the body to make it work.

I've thought about doing that as well. I have some really thin LED lights that are surface mount with foam tape. I may put them on the bottom of the doors. There's just enough clearance between the door and the body to make it work.

My LR3 had factory puddle lights in the bottom of the doors. I changed them for the led projector ones that show an outline of the LR3. Everyone woes at them them, $9 a pair and had them for over 5 years no issues.

Now I want them in my bronco!

I think there could be a viable alternative approach here.

If you have solid map pockets, or maybe just he door panel. On the underside of the map pockets pop a few holes in there for some LEDs. The wire harness hides in the map pocket.

Punch a hole through the door then run the power through where everything else would run after the fact.

Tie it into the door switch and it would come on when the doors are open.