Bullnose Forums

Front fender liner fitment inside fender

Rembrant

Gentlemen,

When I had my truck painted, the body shop didn't install the fender liners properly where they fit with the fenders and the cab. I'm just working on it today, and this is probably a dumb question, but can anybody explain where they fit inside and where they fit outside? Does that make any sense?...

They were attached wherever there were machine screws, but none of the clips and screws were put in along the edges where the lip of the fender is.

We have this page at Documentation/Fasteners & Illustrations/Fenders & Aprons. Doubt that is everything you need, but does it help?

And, I can take pics of Big Blue's aprons if that would help.

Gary,

Part of my problem might be the aftermarket front fenders, but the aprons don't seem to fit all that well. The body shop basically left the aprons outside of the fenders all the way around, and I'm thinking that they need to go inside the fenders...at least portions of them do. I have nice original style screws and clips, but I'm just curious how they're supposed to before I try forcing anything...

I can't really tell from the pics above.

Gary,

Part of my problem might be the aftermarket front fenders, but the aprons don't seem to fit all that well. The body shop basically left the aprons outside of the fenders all the way around, and I'm thinking that they need to go inside the fenders...at least portions of them do. I have nice original style screws and clips, but I'm just curious how they're supposed to before I try forcing anything...

I can't really tell from the pics above.

The sections at the front and rear of the liner tuck inside of the fender. The section in the middle which has 5 or so screws goes on the "outside" of the fender.

The sections at the front and rear of the liner tuck inside of the fender. The section in the middle which has 5 or so screws goes on the "outside" of the fender.

Isn't that opposite of the photo?:nabble_anim_confused:

Ooooh, nice lift Gary!

Once I get the garage cement foundation figured out I'm doing a lift and heat ….

Isn't that opposite of the photo?:nabble_anim_confused:

I was only referring to the portion that's actually in the wheel well, not the parts near the door or under the radiator support since those aren't tuckable in the fender. I figured they were self-explanatory.