Bullnose Forums

Vent type kick panels - used

also curious if one could mod something like these into the panel and accomplish something similar.

The other question would be does said vents cause moisture issues? Where are the block off plates? If they are by your feet is there potential for this to be a water trap?

I think you'd have a difficult time getting them sealed well and still looking good since they have the finishing ring built in. So that ring would hook to the visible side of the kickpanel but you would want to seal it against the back of the block-off plate which has to be installed before the kickpanel. Not sure how you can do both.

I can't speak for every single pair of kick panels, however the ones from my 86 w/AC actually have a line molded in that shows where the kick panels used for the vents would be cut. You could probably use a set of the full kick panels as well, and use that outline to trim them provided it is there.

You're right - I think I recall seeing the same.

This might give people more flexibility regarding color exact matches (without repainting). While the vent portion would be seen if you looked, it wouldn't be quite as bad being a different shade as compared to having the kickpanel and dash not match where they are next to each other.

Different shades of kickpanel and vent may even look good.

Sounds like you could easily fit a filter to it as well if you live in a crazy pollen zone like us.

I don't know how well a pollen filter would work on a free flow system...it would probably block most of the flow?...Then again I'm thinking of a vehicle cabin filter...is that the same thing? I'm sure you could fit a filter of some kind...just not sure how it would work without a fan to actually push the air.

I'm with Scott though...if you drive in the winter and forget one of those vents open, you'll know it very quickly, so they do indeed flow pretty well assuming the air has somewhere to go.

Sounds like you could easily fit a filter to it as well if you live in a crazy pollen zone like us.

I don't know how well a pollen filter would work on a free flow system...it would probably block most of the flow?...Then again I'm thinking of a vehicle cabin filter...is that the same thing? I'm sure you could fit a filter of some kind...just not sure how it would work without a fan to actually push the air.

I'm with Scott though...if you drive in the winter and forget one of those vents open, you'll know it very quickly, so they do indeed flow pretty well assuming the air has somewhere to go.

Since I plan to drive off-road and will surely wind up meeting others, if not following others, there will be dust. I've been trying to figure out how to put filters into the HVAC system, but haven't been able to. Can't find a reasonable spot.

Maybe someone else has an idea?