Bullnose Forums

Vent type kick panels - used

OK, thanks!

I forget which truck it was, but had one that when you opened a window or the rear slider it came in good.

After it hadn't been opened for awhile you would get pummeled with debris! :nabble_smiley_oh:

Ok, I've read up on the kick panel vents and am interested. But, Jonathan had a good point about getting them in the right color, and Ford had four different blues: 1980/81; 82; 83/84; 85/86. So I sent the seller this message:

I'm interested in your kick panel vents and a pair of kick panels to match, and you have two sets listed. However, you don't say what year of truck any of those are from, and Ford had 4 different blues in the 1980 - 86 years.

But, on the backs of your panels and probably the vents should be ID #'s that will tell me which ones you have. They should look like:

Panel Right: E0TB-1002344-AW

Vent Right: E0TH-1002104

Panel Left: E0TB-1002345-AWG

Vent left: E0TH-1002105

And it is actually the 2nd character that will tell me which blue they are. So, can you turn them over and tell me what you find?

Also, the shipping on the kick panels themselves is a bit high at $31.30 on a $20 or $25 item. If I buy the vents and a pair of the kick panels can you do better on the shipping?

Thanks,

Gary

We shall see.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've read up on the kick panel vents and am interested. But, Jonathan had a good point about getting them in the right color, and Ford had four different blues: 1980/81; 82; 83/84; 85/86. So I sent the seller this message:

I'm interested in your kick panel vents and a pair of kick panels to match, and you have two sets listed. However, you don't say what year of truck any of those are from, and Ford had 4 different blues in the 1980 - 86 years.

But, on the backs of your panels and probably the vents should be ID #'s that will tell me which ones you have. They should look like:

And it is actually the 2nd character that will tell me which blue they are. So, can you turn them over and tell me what you find?

Also, the shipping on the kick panels themselves is a bit high at $31.30 on a $20 or $25 item. If I buy the vents and a pair of the kick panels can you do better on the shipping?

Thanks,

Gary

We shall see.

I am planning to install them in Camano although with an 86 I've had a hard time finding the exact color since all of the tan 86 trucks have had a/c around here that I've looked at.

Back when I sent off the HVAC gaskets to the Detroit guy, I included a set of of the floor vents since the gaskets on the sets I have a pretty dry and crusty. There is a gasket that goes against the cab metal and then there is a gasket that the door slides against. The two halves are held together by melted pins which are easily ground down and the halves split apart. He made gaskets for them that you can purchase but the problem is that I think one of my emails to him got lost because he didn't realize that the inner gaskets are different for the sides. So the set has two of the same which I think can be made to work but aren't right. I can't recall the specifics and the gaskets are up in storage right now. I've emailed him a couple times over the past few months and resent him the needed gasket but haven't heard back from him.

I want to use them in combination with the rear slider on nice days.

I am planning to install them in Camano although with an 86 I've had a hard time finding the exact color since all of the tan 86 trucks have had a/c around here that I've looked at.

Back when I sent off the HVAC gaskets to the Detroit guy, I included a set of of the floor vents since the gaskets on the sets I have a pretty dry and crusty. There is a gasket that goes against the cab metal and then there is a gasket that the door slides against. The two halves are held together by melted pins which are easily ground down and the halves split apart. He made gaskets for them that you can purchase but the problem is that I think one of my emails to him got lost because he didn't realize that the inner gaskets are different for the sides. So the set has two of the same which I think can be made to work but aren't right. I can't recall the specifics and the gaskets are up in storage right now. I've emailed him a couple times over the past few months and resent him the needed gasket but haven't heard back from him.

I want to use them in combination with the rear slider on nice days.

Scott - I may need a set of those gaskets. So can you get me the guy's email address?

I got this response back from the guy. But if they are from an '86 they'll be the right color of blue, so I may well buy them, although I hope he can get the shipping down a bit.

ok ill check the numbers on them one set come out of a 86 the other a 83 .i can combine the shipping .not sure if i can get the prce down r not tho. they upped shipping prices on larger items a few months back .i can see if i can squeeze them into a smaller box .this set of vents here is from the 86 and the nicer kick panels listed is from the same truck. .ill get the numebrs for you

Scott - I may need a set of those gaskets. So can you get me the guy's email address?

I got this response back from the guy. But if they are from an '86 they'll be the right color of blue, so I may well buy them, although I hope he can get the shipping down a bit.

ok ill check the numbers on them one set come out of a 86 the other a 83 .i can combine the shipping .not sure if i can get the prce down r not tho. they upped shipping prices on larger items a few months back .i can see if i can squeeze them into a smaller box .this set of vents here is from the 86 and the nicer kick panels listed is from the same truck. .ill get the numebrs for you

Yeah, let me put together what I've got regarding what is missing and I'll send it your way.

Thanks,

Gary

We shall see.

Gary, the sliding plate does not show a whole lot. You choose how particular you want to be but I would say close counts if it looks like your shade of blue in the pictures. You could re color them with the plate retracted and you probably couldn’t tell unless it was light blue vs the really dark blue or something like that, or if someone was trying to use red vents on a tan interior etc., what is your interior color code for big blue?

Gary, the sliding plate does not show a whole lot. You choose how particular you want to be but I would say close counts if it looks like your shade of blue in the pictures. You could re color them with the plate retracted and you probably couldn’t tell unless it was light blue vs the really dark blue or something like that, or if someone was trying to use red vents on a tan interior etc., what is your interior color code for big blue?

Some photos. Note: the 4 new gaskets are two identical sets but the outer passenger and inner passenger are similar enough to make work.

IMG_20200229_000824.thumb.jpg.4895f2cc5fcdca3e9b7fb875c21303f7.jpg

Driver against cab metal

IMG_20200229_000839.jpg.023d32d706e1fa722df5ba26007fb994.jpg

Passenger against cab metal

IMG_20200229_000835.jpg.cb10a27d7d488cdb3b5fe28489d9b4ed.jpg

Driver between halves (this is the missing gasket)

IMG_20200229_000851.thumb.jpg.9de26583a599a4fa905b376e2eb7731b.jpg

Passenger between halves

IMG_20200229_000846.thumb.jpg.2a0e5aae74416b2fe97e1cc6e3e605df.jpg

Some photos. Note: the 4 new gaskets are two identical sets but the outer passenger and inner passenger are similar enough to make work.

Driver against cab metal

Passenger against cab metal

Driver between halves (this is the missing gasket)

Passenger between halves

Here is the gasket I mailed to the gentleman in Oct that is the missing one.

IMG_20191018_194625.thumb.jpg.1de1e78ee67bda4733788e866030ada8.jpg

Here is the gasket I mailed to the gentleman in Oct that is the missing one.

So are these being made by somebody now?

Mine were in pretty good condition, but still, be good to know if they are available.

They are or at least they were. I don't see the fresh air ones on the Detroit Muscle Technologies site anymore so they may have been pulled until they get the last one sorted. This is the same company that makes the HVAC kit. They do excellent work.

They are or at least they were. I don't see the fresh air ones on the Detroit Muscle Technologies site anymore so they may have been pulled until they get the last one sorted. This is the same company that makes the HVAC kit. They do excellent work.

how exactly do these integrate with the AC/heat system?