Bullnose Forums

Vent type kick panels - used

Interesting! I've often thought of adding those to a truck with A/C, and those would be right for Big Blue. But, I've often wondered if they seal tightly, or if you have cold air leaking in around your feet in the winter.

Anyone have any experience with these?

I’ve wondered about that too.

Interesting! I've often thought of adding those to a truck with A/C, and those would be right for Big Blue. But, I've often wondered if they seal tightly, or if you have cold air leaking in around your feet in the winter.

Some information: read posts #28, 35 & 41

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/772508-good-old-fashioned-floor-vents-for-fresh-air-3.html

And, another link:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1343670-kick-panel-vent-install.html

Some information: read posts #28, 35 & 41

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/772508-good-old-fashioned-floor-vents-for-fresh-air-3.html

And, another link:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1343670-kick-panel-vent-install.html

Thanks! I'll read those later as I'm winding down for the evening......

Gary, I pulled a set of these but have never installed or used them. While I don’t have any user experience to offer, I will say that there is a healthy foam ring that seals the vent port against the hole in the cab panel, and the sliding plate seems very tight. I don’t expect they would leak cold air much if at all. They are a little uglier than the smooth non vent panels, and I recommend buying the correct color for the interior since you can’t very well paint the sliding plate and expect that to last.

I have them in my truck, and they do seal well. Like Jon says, they have a good foam seal, and the door is pretty tight anyway. The one on the driver's side is a pain to remove due to the park brake mechanism being in the way, but it's not impossible.

I had to remove mine to repair/replace my door switch mechanism and to run wires to the door. I haven't done the passenger side yet but will take some pictures when I do.

I have them in my truck, and they do seal well. Like Jon says, they have a good foam seal, and the door is pretty tight anyway. The one on the driver's side is a pain to remove due to the park brake mechanism being in the way, but it's not impossible.

I had to remove mine to repair/replace my door switch mechanism and to run wires to the door. I haven't done the passenger side yet but will take some pictures when I do.

Do you get good airflow Cory?

I haven't used them very much so I can't really give you a very good review, but back on Christmas day I took the truck for a drive while the driver's side vent was removed and I darn near froze my feet off...lol. So...I was getting very good air flow that day, but it was cold out, so it probably seemed like more than it was. You'll have to have a window open a little bit for them to work I think.

I haven't used them very much so I can't really give you a very good review, but back on Christmas day I took the truck for a drive while the driver's side vent was removed and I darn near froze my feet off...lol. So...I was getting very good air flow that day, but it was cold out, so it probably seemed like more than it was. You'll have to have a window open a little bit for them to work I think.

OK, thanks!

I forget which truck it was, but had one that when you opened a window or the rear slider it came in good.

After it hadn't been opened for awhile you would get pummeled with debris! :nabble_smiley_oh: