Bullnose Forums

1986 F150 4x4 XL Freewheeling w/9000 miles in Idaho

Rembrant

According to the cert label, it is 9M which was a white specific to 1986, and there is a digit under tape...but can't really tell what it is. Does it look like the top of a 7?

type7.jpg.1fd7495748f35876956775cf400aa51d.jpg

Body code looks like it could be DK4, which would make sense...Chesnut Knit & Vinyl...

According to the cert label, it is 9M which was a white specific to 1986, and there is a digit under tape...but can't really tell what it is. Does it look like the top of a 7?

Body code looks like it could be DK4, which would make sense...Chesnut Knit & Vinyl...

Unusual... and nice! :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, Free Wheeling was long gone by 1986. But it is a nice truck.

And there's just not enough of the tape code to tell.

If the decals were in blue instead of orange, I would love this truck enough to buy it.

I've seen this style more recently, the guys restoring the F100's down in South America are doing a similar theme with their trucks.

These are the colors I'd love.

78486143_2748585541871182_3859609933200752640_o.jpg.da22090e286f6878ebc70cbbe26ef835.jpg

I have now. Thanks!

My only issue is that I wouldn't really want to put a set of perfect decals on a truck with way less than perfect paint. I would much prefer to have a set of decals printed with a "weathered" look to them, so that the entire truck looks weathered. I think that would fit my theme much better.

This one sold for $11,600. Obviously it is not a real Free Wheelin' truck, but it's still a nice truck just the same. I dig it the way it is. I'm so used to see sellers asking such high prices for things like this that they often stay on Ebay for months (and years even).

This one sold for $11,600. Obviously it is not a real Free Wheelin' truck, but it's still a nice truck just the same. I dig it the way it is. I'm so used to see sellers asking such high prices for things like this that they often stay on Ebay for months (and years even).

It is a really striking truck, and would easily be worth that in my book.