Bullnose Forums

Hello-New Member from Northern VA

Jesse3877

Hello, Glad to join the group. I'm an FAA licensed Airframe & Powerplant Technician, specializing in Corporate Business Jets and Aviation Safety Management. I purchased a clean 1981 F-100 "Redbull" about a year ago. It came from the Louisville factory in 10/80 with a 4.9L engine, 3 speed manual transmission, and 9" 3.00 Traction Lock rear axle. It now has a carburated 351W with a C6 Trans. Same rear end. Looking forward to sharing my experiences and learning from the group.

Truck_driver_front.jpg.cda557449f52978bbb6c4f9213853217.jpg

Truck_pax_front.jpg.345ab944ecff2ab88eb9c32e4a7a9536.jpg

Welcome, Jesse! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of northern VA? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to put you on it if I had a city.

Speaking of that neck of the woods, we used to live in southern PA/northern DE and I frequently drove down to Falls Church on business. So I think I know something about the area.

Beautiful truck! You'll have to tell us more about it and your plans for it.

Welcome, Jesse! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

What part of northern VA? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to put you on it if I had a city.

Speaking of that neck of the woods, we used to live in southern PA/northern DE and I frequently drove down to Falls Church on business. So I think I know something about the area.

Beautiful truck! You'll have to tell us more about it and your plans for it.

Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

When I looked at your very nice truck, I remembered something my automotive mentor told me when looking at a similar colored vehicle: "re-sale red or arrest me red." :nabble_smiley_beam:

Welcome, Jesse! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:What part of northern VA? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to put you on it if I had a city.Speaking of that neck of the woods, we used to live in southern PA/northern DE and I frequently drove down to Falls Church on business. So I think I know something about the area.Beautiful truck! You'll have to tell us more about it and your plans for it.
Gary,

You can put me down on the Map for Leesburg, VA.

Thank you. 

Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:When I looked at your very nice truck, I remembered something my automotive mentor told me when looking at a similar colored vehicle: "re-sale red or arrest me red." :nabble_smiley_beam:
Thanks 1986. No speeding for me! I drive it slow on the highways but will let loose a little around town. 

Regards, 

Jesse3877

Welcome! :nabble_anim_handshake:

When I looked at your very nice truck, I remembered something my automotive mentor told me when looking at a similar colored vehicle: "re-sale red or arrest me red." :nabble_smiley_beam:

Welcome! I’m a retired aircraft mechanic. About the last half of my career in corporate aviation.

Welcome! I’m a retired aircraft mechanic. About the last half of my career in corporate aviation.
Grumpin, that’s great!  I worked on KC135’s A-10’s in the military then worked on Bombardier and Falcon products in corporate Aviation. 

Regards,

Jesse

Jesse - You are now on the map. And, you obviously know where Falls Church is. I've spent a lot of time in that area since the company I worked for is headquartered there.
Good deal! Yes I’ve been through there but Don’t know much about the city . I rarely go inside of the capitol beltway. 

• 1 year later...

This is what I get for getting too wrapped up in work and not paying attention to the forum for almost 2 years (and just lurk). I missed that we had another member in the same town as me at the time!

I just moved to Milton, DE this past summer from Leesburg! Dang it! I'll have to drop in sometime when we're back (feels like every other month or two).