Bullnose Forums

Shipping Costs

Gary Lewis

I believe they are paying costs way beyond what they should be for shipping small items. And of course they are passing those costs on to us, as all companies do. But that makes their overall price too expensive, and it is because they are not being careful with the way they ship.

I've sent them this message:

This morning I received a package from you and one from Amazon. As shown in the attached picture, the Amazon package had 10 brass fittings in an envelope while yours had 2 brass fittings in a big box. Now I understand why you charged me $10 for shipping and handling.

I've posted about this on this forum (http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Shipping-Costs-td52042.html#a52059) as I think you are charging me for your convenience. I realize shipping costs are a given, but I choose to spend my money with companies that appear to be working to minimizing them. And it doesn't look to me like Summit fits that category.

Gary Lewis

They sent my springs with just a label stuck to the springs. No plastic wrap or anything else. If I remember correctly, they slapped me with a $20 oversized part charge, which wasn't a big deal to me since each pack was at least 60lbs and I doubt springs are easy to move around in the shipping process. IIRC, shipping was listed as free since it was over $99. Due to the OPC, it wasn't really free.

The reasons you list are why I have yet to order anything from LMC. Their shipping charges almost make it not worth it for me on the few small parts I need from them.