Bullnose Forums

LMC Dash Gauges

kramttocs

Cool. I just got the new LMC catalog too and didn't see these in it. I usually work from the catalog and only visit the website to place my order(s).

Looks like a decent kit...I wish they had an adapter plug to connect to the original cluster harness, but I know these clusters are for trucks that are probably getting a full rehab with all new wiring...restomod stuff.

Cool. I just got the new LMC catalog too and didn't see these in it. I usually work from the catalog and only visit the website to place my order(s).

Looks like a decent kit...I wish they had an adapter plug to connect to the original cluster harness, but I know these clusters are for trucks that are probably getting a full rehab with all new wiring...restomod stuff.

I agree - using the same wiring would be nice.

I also wonder about the speedometer since it's going to digital. It would impact cruise control.

I agree - using the same wiring would be nice.

I also wonder about the speedometer since it's going to digital. It would impact cruise control.

Also doesn't say anything about what fuel level sender it expects. Hopefully it is the Bullnose sender, but it doesn't say.

And, they change out the oil pressure and water temp senders, so the only thing with the 12 - 72 ohm range would be the fuel sender.

:nabble_anim_confused:

Also doesn't say anything about what fuel level sender it expects. Hopefully it is the Bullnose sender, but it doesn't say.

And, they change out the oil pressure and water temp senders, so the only thing with the 12 - 72 ohm range would be the fuel sender.

It says that it works with the stock fuel sender.

It says that it works with the stock fuel sender.

You are right, Cory, and I'm wrong. :nabble_smiley_blush:

You are right, Cory, and I'm wrong. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Ha...after I read your comment I realized that you were probably talking about what sender works between 1980-1996?...there are probably several different versions eh? I wonder if it has a calibration of some sort?...

I actually put a little thought into making an adapter back when the Dakota Digital gauge cluster came out. It would involve sacrificing an old Bullnose cluster to make the socket, but I think it would be possible for those of us that wanted an aftermarket dash but wanted to retain factory wiring.

Still...as much as I like these gauges, they're a very mild want and so far down my priority list I'd likely never get to them anyway. And besides...my factory gauges not only look good, they work good too, ha!

(Seems somebody around here did a really nice write up on painting needles...and for $2 bucks worth of Testors orange, my gauges look like a million bucks!)

Not sure how I feel about these, especially at $750. It looks like they just got some old clusters, added ABS and stuck in and a couple hundred bucks worth of auto-meter gauges. I would rather use the intellitronix ones which are only $350 and match the original guage layout, or even the dakota digital's which are also around $700.

It actually looks like they were trying to copy this ($310) but still use the plastic lense:

https://classicdash.com/product/ford-truck-1980-1986-dash-panel/

dash_panel.png.20449e80aeddc0228ed973bd753dad07.png

Not sure how I feel about these, especially at $750. It looks like they just got some old clusters, added ABS and stuck in and a couple hundred bucks worth of auto-meter gauges. I would rather use the intellitronix ones which are only $350 and match the original guage layout, or even the dakota digital's which are also around $700.

It actually looks like they were trying to copy this ($310) but still use the plastic lense:

https://classicdash.com/product/ford-truck-1980-1986-dash-panel/

Every time I see that one, the bubbly, plastic look of it just makes me shudder. I've never seen it in person though.