Bullnose Forum

NOS speedometers

Interesting. The first link is an E0TZ 17255-C, which doesn't show in the MPC. But, what does show is an E1TZ, and there has to have been an E0TZ, so I'm sure it is correct.

Anyway, here are the listings:

Also note that the first one is the only one that does not have RED numbers on the 1/10 digit wheel to signal a service replacement part.

Also note that the first one is the only one that does not have RED numbers on the 1/10 digit wheel to signal a service replacement part.

First one is E1TZ-17255-D as it has no trip odometer.

The third one is for an F-Medium Duty as the part number is E3HZ and it has a six digit odometer.

The first one is actually the last part number on the list E3TZ-17255-F as it has the million kilometer odometer (6 digit) and no trip odometer. This is the same one that is in my truck. Interesting to see when the changeover was though. I knew the Canadian trucks started out with a 5 digit odometer, but then later switched to a 6 digit, but I didn't know when that change was. All I knew was that it was before 1984.

The other thing to note is that with 517 km already registered on it, it's technically not NOS, but almost NOS.:nabble_smiley_grin:

I'd say somebody swapped out their speedo w/o trip odometer for one that did have a trip odometer, and threw this one back in the box. So while they gained a trip odometer, they more than likely lost a digit on the main odometer in this swap.

I'd like to have it, but I already have a couple spares and speedos are relatively easy to come by.

The first one is actually the last part number on the list E3TZ-17255-F as it has the million kilometer odometer (6 digit) and no trip odometer.

I noticed it on the third one but not on the first. :nabble_smiley_blush: