Bullnose Forums

After years of searching I found DAD's old truck!

66gtk

That's exciting that you found it! Even if it doesn't work out, that's a great story.

You've gotten good advice from others.

With the drive-by offers I've made, it's either an immediate sell or it's not going to happen. If he said he'd turned down a >10k offer already for a non-running truck, whether true or not, and he is wanting you to guess his 'reserve' price, that's typically an indication of a seller I'd move on from. I'd request some good photos and see if you get them. That's another indication of whether you guys will be able to work something out or not.

Thanks for the continued advice fellas. I already tried offering a trade of some sort with my 83. He has no interest in this. Already been speaking to Christopher L. about this quite a bit. He's the one that located my '83 for me, which I promptly made an offer for and purchased.

83f150a.thumb.jpg.2c76054ef69cebd6022086839190d640.jpg

Thanks for the continued advice fellas. I already tried offering a trade of some sort with my 83. He has no interest in this. Already been speaking to Christopher L. about this quite a bit. He's the one that located my '83 for me, which I promptly made an offer for and purchased.

That guy is CRAZY! That's a beautiful truck!

How far is he from you? Or, does he happen to be in the Pacific North West? Fly in, buy one of the many Bullnose trucks on CL, and go visit. Let him see you are serious.

That guy is CRAZY! That's a beautiful truck!

How far is he from you? Or, does he happen to be in the Pacific North West? Fly in, buy one of the many Bullnose trucks on CL, and go visit. Let him see you are serious.

That is interesting. Maybe a build-not-bought kind of guy?

Sounds like you are willing to give up/pay quite a bit for your dad's truck (not knocking it at all).

Prying a little but what is the driving force? Good memories for you in the 2 or 3 years your dad owned it? He always regretted getting rid of it?

You may have already explained this somewhere else as it sounds like you've been looking for it for awhile.

That is interesting. Maybe a build-not-bought kind of guy?

Sounds like you are willing to give up/pay quite a bit for your dad's truck (not knocking it at all).

Prying a little but what is the driving force? Good memories for you in the 2 or 3 years your dad owned it? He always regretted getting rid of it?

You may have already explained this somewhere else as it sounds like you've been looking for it for awhile.

Yes, Dad always regretted getting rid of it. He tried to purchase it back at least 1x, maybe 2x from this same owner back in the 80s. He would not sell then, either. He always talks about that truck to this day. No, I haven't told him it has been found yet. I'd rather surprise him with it in his garage!

It's special to me because yes, I do have some nice memories with that truck and my dad took extremely good care of it and pride in it. I also think it's a striking truck and all of us in the family have always thought it was stunning. It was the first NEW vehicle he ever bought, let alone ordered to his exact liking. It remains the ONLY vehicle he has ever ordered new.

Yes, Dad always regretted getting rid of it. He tried to purchase it back at least 1x, maybe 2x from this same owner back in the 80s. He would not sell then, either. He always talks about that truck to this day. No, I haven't told him it has been found yet. I'd rather surprise him with it in his garage!

It's special to me because yes, I do have some nice memories with that truck and my dad took extremely good care of it and pride in it. I also think it's a striking truck and all of us in the family have always thought it was stunning. It was the first NEW vehicle he ever bought, let alone ordered to his exact liking. It remains the ONLY vehicle he has ever ordered new.

Gary, the truck is almost 1300 miles away from me in the western part of the US.

Given all that, I'd set a limit, appraise your truck, and drive up with the truck, title, and the remainder in cash. If that doesn't work then you've given it your best shot.

But I'd also have pictures, if possible, along to show if he is reluctant.

My dad is the same way with a 76 Monte Carlo he had in college so I can understand. And I have a beat up 85 of my grandfathers in my shop while nicer trucks are sitting outside. Again, not at all downplaying the worth to you or your father - just was curious as the truck you offered to trade is really nice.

We are all rooting for it to work out - I know surprising your dad with it would be a great moment!

given that he wouldn't sell it then, and now and "others" have offered, and that its covered in junk, he very well may just be a horder. There is a 67 mustang here in town just rotting in a field, with a multi color striped paint job and everything. They wont sell to no one. I drove by last week and the hood is starting to rust out visibly from the road now. Its a shame people would rather let a classic rot then give it up.